Windows 10: screen wakes up from standby very fast

Discus and support screen wakes up from standby very fast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode. I've bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlarakAkbar, Dec 30, 2020.

1. screen wakes up from standby very fast

Hi,

when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L
    As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode.

I've bought a completely new system, a new PC, screen, mouse and keyboard. Now my screen wakes up just a few seconds after it goes into standby mode, even if Windows 10 is showing the lock screen.

Is there a way to find out what is causing this? How can I fix it?

submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlarakAkbar, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

Critical Process Died after Standby

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you turn off the fast startup option. This will help us eliminate the error that you encounter when waking up your computer from standby. Kindly follow these steps to turn
    off the fast startup:

• Press the Windows key and type Control Panel.
    • Press Ctrl + F and type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options and select Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane.
    • Uncheck the Turn on fast startup box and click Save changes.

We'd like to know the results of the said resolution.

Jaune Bel, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Dec 30, 2020
  4. THE_EGG Win User

screen wakes up from standby very fast

Monitor problem - not waking up

Hey guys, I have an issue with my BenQ GW2765HT where if I turn on my computer with the monitor in standby (orange light) status the monitor will not wake up. I must then unplug the monitor from the AC power and then replug it and then also restart my computer before the monitor will wake up. This issue is intermittent however and also strangely if I do a restart from Windows the monitor goes to standby for a second or two before waking back up when the POST screen appears which is normal behaviour. So it seems only if the screen is on standby for some time does it fail to wake up again.

Also the monitor will not wake up if it is powered off (although still plugged in) under the same circumstances as if it were just on standby status and also requires the AC power to be disconnected and the computer to be restarted before it wakes up.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to my shop?

info; I bought it in the middle of August last year.
    edit; I am using a displayport cable. I've tried a different displayport cable and also with a different computer and I have the same problem. I also tried DVI and it happened more often.

THE_EGG, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

screen wakes up from standby very fast

1. screen wakes up from standby very fast - Similar Threads - screen wakes standby

2. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness: Surface Pro 6 Adaptive brightness doesn't make a difference. The brightness setting shows me my last brightness but the brightness itself is 100%. As soon as i click at the brightness setting bar it sets the correct brightness. Restart didn't work. Seems like the...
  3. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  4. Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby: I'm thinking it has to do with either using 452.06 after installing the 20h2 update, something on my end after I cleaned up my pc (my hand slipped which accidently dropped the screwdriver onto the gpu's pcb. trying to screw in the cpu fans onto the h80i radiator), or trying...
  5. Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate: This is the problem, when I sleep/hibernate my device, all the systems are turned off, and when I wake it up from sleep/hibernate my device is restarting booting and I have to log in again and all my apps I opened before are closed. I've tried everything on internet but...
  6. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable mouse wake up in modern standby: Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse. I have tried...
  7. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...
  8. Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby: The remote sound from the remote desktop works fine at the beginning. But when I put the server on standby and then the server wakes up, remote sound stops working. There is no sound from either the host or the client machine. Everything looks fine on the settings side. But...
  9. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby: This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the...
  10. Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby: With Windows 10, Microsoft shipped a new personal digital assistant named Cortana and with help from Intel's Smart Sound technology, she will be getting a new feature: the ability to turn on your PC. A demo, which you can see below, was shown off at Intel's Developer Forum...