Windows 10: Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme

Discus and support Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded themes for Windows 10, then I selected one of them but the screen suddenly went black. How can I sort it out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarolineAraujo Costa, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme

I downloaded themes for Windows 10, then I selected one of them but the screen suddenly went black. How can I sort it out?

:)

CarolineAraujo Costa, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme

1. Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme - Similar Threads - Screen went black

2. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  3. Screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  4. Black screen after applying a theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after applying a theme: Hello, I was trying to edit a Windows Theme (NOT located in Resources/Themes but in my Downloads folder) with msstyleEditor and pressed "Test". The corrupt theme was applied and I now get a black screen on reboot. I've read Fix Black Screen on Windows 10 Caused by Corrupt...
  5. Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme

Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme: Hey guys please help meee. I installed a third party theme from deviant art and my screen went black. All i can see on my screen is just pure black. I pressed my power button down for 3 seconds to power off my laptop and when i opened my laptop back again the hp logo shows up...
  6. After installing drivers my screen went black

After installing drivers my screen went black: The issue appeared after Windows update and installation of Intel HD610 drivers. I tried to download a game and received flickers and the screen went black. After that I did a lot: rebooted the system, started in safe mode, performed a clean boot, removed the Intel drivers...
  7. After installing Windows 10, screen went black

After installing Windows 10, screen went black: After installing Windows 10 the screen of my PC went black. I can only use the Safe Mode and don’t know how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10-screen-went-black/2246d081-5477-47fe-af9e-2de8ff0cefd4
  8. Screen went black after update for Windows

Screen went black after update for Windows: Screen is black. Power stuck on. This followed a Windows 10 update i signed on then briefly saw a "Cannot load personal settings before the screen went totally black....
  9. windows 10 went black screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 went black screen?: I have win10 from the time it was released. From yesterday I experience system will not boot, it pass windows logo and then went black, after a couple of attempts it logs in win10 and works for 10 minutes, and screen goes black, no mouse cursor. Only I can do is restart...
  10. Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen: My computer is stuck at a black screen after installing an Luna theme and using Classic Shell. Any help please and thank you. 4867