Windows 10: Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

Discus and support Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After 2 weeks holiday, i opened my laptop Dell inspiron and found the touch screen was with white marks and the charger is not recognized anymore. The... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jean-LucBechard, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

After 2 weeks holiday, i opened my laptop Dell inspiron and found the touch screen was with white marks and the charger is not recognized anymore. The charger was sitting on the laptop for the 2 weeks, and the shape of the white marks match te size and shape of the charger which by the way was not powered.

How come the Bios doesn’t recognize the charger anymore, and how come the charger damaged the touch screen?

thanks

:)

Jean-LucBechard, Aug 12, 2019

2. Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

After 2 weeks holiday, i opened my laptop Dell inspiron and found the touch screen was with white marks and the charger is not recognized anymore. The charger was sitting on the laptop for the 2 weeks, and the shape of the white marks match te size and shape
    of the charger which by the way was not powered.

How come the Bios doesn’t recognize the charger anymore, and how come the charger damaged the touch screen?

thanks

Jean-LucBechard, Sep 28, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

Hi Jean

Was that charger definitely not powered when it was left on top of the screen, because TFT screens are very susceptible to magnetic fields . . .

Boot up your laptop, on the Dell logo screen, repeatedly press F12

From the resulting menu, choose Diagnostics

Run the diagnostics test, when asked if you want to run the extended memory test, choose No

Does your power adapter pass the Diagnostics test?

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore

Hi Dave. Thanks very much for this prompt answer. I am positive the charger was not powered. It was unplugged before storage but was placed pretty soon after unplughing on the closed Laptop.

I ran the diagnostics nd the result : the AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge.

Jean-LucBechard, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen with white marks after 1 week no being used + charger not recognized anymore - Similar Threads - Screen white marks

2. V45 charger isnt being used on laptop even though it is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    V45 charger isnt being used on laptop even though it is: My laptop says it needs a 45V charger in order for it to charge normally even though it's using one but its been slwoly losing battery when plugged in...
  3. Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen: Recently brown/yellow spot about 1 1/2 inches in length has appeared on the left side of my screen. Looks like a heat mark. Can this be serviced? Is this going to affect the operation of the device? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.Joseph...
  4. Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen

Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen: Recently brown/yellow spot about 1 1/2 inches in length has appeared on the left side of my screen. Looks like a heat mark. Can this be serviced? Is this going to affect the operation of the device? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.Joseph...
  5. Win 11 freeze with white marks to the right of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 freeze with white marks to the right of the screen: Hello. I have a razer blade stealth 13 laptop with Windows 11 21H2 22000.376 installed. Sometimes my laptop freezes, the screen goes dark displaying only 8 small white short line marks displayed to the right side of the screen from top to bottom evenly distributed. The system...
  6. Win 11 freeze with white marks to the right of the screen

Win 11 freeze with white marks to the right of the screen: Hello. I have a razer blade stealth 13 laptop with Windows 11 21H2 22000.376 installed. Sometimes my laptop freezes, the screen goes dark displaying only 8 small white short line marks displayed to the right side of the screen from top to bottom evenly distributed. The system...
  7. After activation of Windows 10 failed, product key is not being recognized anymore!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After activation of Windows 10 failed, product key is not being recognized anymore!: I have been using Windows 10 Home unactivated for a while now and found out that I can get a free license due to the fact that I'm a student. Went through getting the product key, and when received I went ahead to activate. Seemed to work, windows said that it needed to...
  8. White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen: [IMG]When I start playing a video, it plays fine until I open it in fullscreen. Then, a few seconds later the screen starts showing white. When move the cursur it stops or do anything that disturbes the video. I have already updated to the latest drivers of my graphics card....
  9. Videos turn black and white after charger is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos turn black and white after charger is plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron and I've had it for a few years and just today when I plugged my laptop in the videos automatically turned black and white or sometimes I could still see a bit of color in them but hardly. I made sure the device was completely updated but I still...
  10. Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use: Hello all, the title states it all. Out of the blue I started getting a black screen, while playing video games, or comp just sitting idle. If I'm playing a game, audio is fine after both my monitors go black for about 30 seconds, then rig reboots. Rig runs great other wise....