Windows 10: Screen wont auto turn off

Discus and support Screen wont auto turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Caleb_519, May 20, 2020.

1. Caleb_519 Win User

Screen wont auto turn off

I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on.

I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes this problem. I did this, and it worked once, but after I woke up the screen that time, it never auto turned off again.

Has anyone else had this experience? Are there any other solutions to this problem that anyone knows of without needed to unplug USB accessories?

Thanks.

:)

Caleb_519, May 20, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 20, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 20, 2020
  4. Screen wont auto turn off

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Screen wont auto turn off

1. Screen wont auto turn off - Similar Threads - Screen wont auto

2. How to turn off the Auto Lock Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the Auto Lock Screen in Windows 11: Hi I've a problem with auto lock screen of my laptop. It locks when you're inactive for 3 Minutes. I did the following but still cant find the solution that works for me:I turned off the screen saver settings. I did set the power plan to balance, modified the plan settings...
  3. Screen doesn't auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen doesn't auto turn off: I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes...
  4. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  5. Subwoofer wont turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subwoofer wont turn off.: My DIY-Subwoofer (Monacor Sam-200d) has an auto standby feature (if Signal is lower than 170mV over 25 minutes). This worked fine until i extended the cable between the PC and the Module from 1m to ~3m. Thought about a faulty cable but verified it with my laptop. (It even...
  6. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  7. Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon: Hi. Some time ago i posted question about turning off auto logon and now i have another problem. I and my family wants to see those spotlight pictures on lock screen (not blured like on sign in screen), but any guides doesn't work. After installing Group policy editor i don't...
  8. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  9. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  10. first letter i type missing and auto fill wont turn off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    first letter i type missing and auto fill wont turn off.: I thought I was going crazy so . I bough a new compute because this issue. when fill ing out forms the first letter is missing an I cant turn off auto fill. I Have been trying to find work and think this issue is why I have not gotten any calls from 80 applications I have...