Windows 10: Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

Discus and support Screen won't turn on after going to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark22222, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Mark22222 Win User

Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes to sleep, it does not turn back on. I have to force restart my laptop Lenovo Legion. I am not sure which part of this broke the wake process. How can I fix this?

:)

Mark22222, Aug 26, 2022

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Aug 26, 2022
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Aug 26, 2022
  4. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Aug 26, 2022
Thema:

Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

1. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep - Similar Threads - Screen won't turn

2. Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep: Hi For A Few Days Now My Laptop Has Not Been Switching Back On From Sleep It's On Windows 11 And I Don't Know What To Do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-sleep/afc68b6b-0315-4bf8-aa1c-06733ca4c672
  3. Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep: Hi For A Few Days Now My Laptop Has Not Been Switching Back On From Sleep It's On Windows 11 And I Don't Know What To Do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-sleep/afc68b6b-0315-4bf8-aa1c-06733ca4c672
  4. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  5. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  6. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  7. Screen won't turn on after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't turn on after sleep: This problem has been around for quite sometime now, don't know when exactly it started. But whenever the laptop goes to sleep, then I press any button to wake it up, only the little led at the bottom turn on, but the screen stays black. What can I try to fix it? Thanks 169012
  8. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  9. pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out

pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out: after re installing windows 10 I noticed that the laptop gets stuck whenever I try to make it sleep : the screen turns off but the power button doesn't indicate that it's asleep like it used to ,and you can't wake it up also if I leave the laptop till the screen time out the...
  10. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...