Windows 10: screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

Discus and support screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maialgendy, Jul 9, 2019.

1. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on
    ex :
    sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart

and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't

:)

maialgendy, Jul 9, 2019

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jul 9, 2019
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Medyen Win User

screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off :)

Medyen, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

1. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off - Similar Threads - screen won't turn

2. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  3. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  4. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning on after a screen timeout: So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to...
  5. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  6. My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again: Hello, Often, when I don't touch my laptop, the screen turns off and doesn't come back on when I press a key or move the mouse. It is not on standby. Only the screen turns off. I have to turn off the pc by keeping the on / off button pressed for the screen to come back on....
  7. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  8. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  9. Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?: Tuning an HP All-In-One pc with wired keyboard. In Power Settings I can't see any choice of a key to resurrect the display after a timeout. I'd like to set it to spacebar. Or maybe Enter. Anyone know what the default key should be? BTW, the HP guide is useless. It's...
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...