Windows 10: screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

Discus and support screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maialgendy, Jul 9, 2019.

1. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on
    ex :
    sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart

and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't

:)

maialgendy, Jul 9, 2019

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jul 9, 2019
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Medyen Win User

screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off :)

Medyen, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

1. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off - Similar Threads - screen won't turn

2. palmcheck won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    palmcheck won't turn off: Hello! Alright, so recently I updated my Synaptics touchpad driver for my HP Notebook(??) laptop and I don't know if it's a glitch in the new version or what, but I've been trying to turn palmcheck off. I've done it before with no issues. I went to the settings then to...
  3. Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off: I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface book is that the lock screen won't turn off (time out). Whenever I locked my screen on the surface pro, the display would turn...
  4. Screen not turning off

Screen not turning off: My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-not-turning-off/d4dde6c0-82c1-4eda-9bf3-451d2b9021be
  5. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  6. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....
  7. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off: I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the specific time. Screen will wake up almost immediately after it turned off So can I have any suggestion to troubleshooting this...
  8. Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?: Tuning an HP All-In-One pc with wired keyboard. In Power Settings I can't see any choice of a key to resurrect the display after a timeout. I'd like to set it to spacebar. Or maybe Enter. Anyone know what the default key should be? BTW, the HP guide is useless. It's...
  9. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...
  10. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(: I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on...