Windows 10: Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

Discus and support Screen won’t turn on again after idle time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recent issue with my laptop - When it goes into idle mode and the screen turns off, It won’t turn on again. I have to do a hard shut down each time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/busybearbrand, May 13, 2020.

1. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

Recent issue with my laptop - When it goes into idle mode and the screen turns off, It won’t turn on again. I have to do a hard shut down each time.

This has happened several times.

I have hibernate already turned off and have tried that keyboard shortcut thing to restart the graphics driver but it didn’t work.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Does anyone know what I can do to help fix this?

submitted by /u/busybearbrand
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/busybearbrand, May 13, 2020

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, May 13, 2020
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, May 13, 2020
  4. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

1. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time - Similar Threads - Screen won’t turn

2. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  3. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  4. Computer crashes and then screen won't turn on again for some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and then screen won't turn on again for some time: Hello,My Windows 10 PC has a problem which is confusing me considerably, and I would really appreciate some help. I'll go into as much detail as I can, but not entirely sure if all of the information is relevant. I recently bought a new SSD and installed it in my PC. When I...
  5. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  6. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  7. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10: Windows 10 allows users to turn off the monitor after a particular or preset time, allowing them to save power when running on battery. However, if the screen is not turning off after the specified time time in Windows 10, some settings need to be checked to troubleshoot this...
  9. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.: Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might...
  10. Screen won’t turn on

Screen won’t turn on: I have a Windows 10 Dell Laptop. My screen is black and won’t trun on. When I hold down the power button the light flashes 2 Orange than 5 white. Also, I read somewhere to hold down the “D” key on the keyboard and the power button. This turned on my screen and made it flash...