Windows 10: Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

Discus and support Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, this is just a small question.. if this is possible to turn off? The reason is that if I restart my computer the main screen turns off, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by SomaTGW, Jun 28, 2017.

1. SomaTGW Win User

Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

Hello, this is just a small question.. if this is possible to turn off? The reason is that if I restart my computer the main screen turns off, and gives me a delay when going on again because of it automatically turning off, and I want it to stay on as I always turn them off manually when I don't use the computer. This isn't about the windows setting, but the screens themselves.

:)

SomaTGW, Jun 28, 2017

2. phone wont go off cause it has a lightning bolt with the settings signal what can i do ???

i have this lightni ng bolt signal with the settings signal on my windows phone and when i try to turn it off it dosent turn off or even go off when its flat it is a black screen with those signals

pauljacobsen64, Jun 28, 2017
  3. 5800 Stop Automatic Retrieval from Deactivating

If there is no signal when the automatic retrieval is attempted it turns off. It is a bit daft I know.

Have you tried the Nokia email client? See email.nokia.com This client works very well and will keep trying if need be, even if there is no signal. It isn't really integrated into the phone though - it beeps when a message comes, but there is no notifcation
    on the home screen.

markcoley---01, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

The monitor (screen) has buttons for settings. Look for a setting called OSD (On Screen Display) Timeout.

Comp Cmndo, Jun 28, 2017
  5. SomaTGW Win User
    I found something called "Display Time" in "ODS settings" on the menu, I tried putting it to 30 seconds, gonna report back once I've tried it out fully. Otherwise only had language and ODS lock settings there.

SomaTGW, Jun 28, 2017
  6. SomaTGW Win User
    So this "Display Time" was not the setting I was looking for, this screen doesn't seem to have a "OSD Timeout" setting. The screen is a BenQ EW2750.

SomaTGW, Jul 28, 2017
  7. batlhilz Win User
    i think its the "hotplug" detection doing that, as in your computer powers off your GPU, the signal aint up anymore and hence the monitor gets sleep. try to see from manufacturers site if theres chance to turn that off. (i wouldnt suggest it, as its PITA to open and close the monitor via manual button each time after that)

batlhilz, Jul 31, 2017
  8. SomaTGW Win User

I'll talk to BenQ about this, see if they can help me. Thanks all for the help.

SomaTGW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected - Similar Threads - Screens automatically turning

2. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.: I recently packed up my computer and moved into a new location. Upon setting my computer back up, my monitor has refused to connect to my PC. I thought it might be the cable that was the issue but after buying a new cable the problem remained. Both the monitor and the...
  3. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.: I recently packed up my computer and moved into a new location. Upon setting my computer back up, my monitor has refused to connect to my PC. I thought it might be the cable that was the issue but after buying a new cable the problem remained. Both the monitor and the...
  4. No RGB signal. Power will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  6. Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off: Hello this is odd, My Monitor looses its signal when the speakers are turned off the speakers are plugged into a mains wall socket and when turn them off, at the socket, the monitor goes blank, if I remove and reconnect the monitor power, all is ok again. wonder how why this...
  7. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  8. No Signal RGB off the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Signal RGB off the screen: Everything works but how do I get the No Signal RGB off the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-signal-rgb-off-the-screen/8b3c0d11-9ba7-48f8-94a1-e20d39f10ab1
  9. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  10. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...