Windows 10: Screens don't turn off after specified time

Discus and support Screens don't turn off after specified time in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wiss, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Wiss Win User

Screens don't turn off after specified time

Good evening

I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to select the most energy efficient profile from the Energy menu from the control panel, for example.I also went into the details of those profiles, and attempted to change many settings within there that were suggested in many forums, however, none of them seemed to work.

The energy options troubleshooter didn't help either.I also put attention to the powercfg -requests, however, even when no requests were made and the computer was mostly idle doing nothing, the screens didn't turn off.At some moment I read that the search Indexer could be preventing the screens from turning off, however, even after stopping this process, and selecting the option in the control panel that the search indexer must respect the energy policy, still no success.At this stage I'm running out of ideas. I started to have this problem seemingly out of nowhere. I didn't make any changes to the system, only I installed the mandatory Windows updates every time that the system notified me about them.

I know that making a system restore might be a good idea at this stage. However, I would only do this as a very last resort.Thanks in advance!

:)

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 after latest updated screen won't turn off after specified time...

Hi Mengwee,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that's possibly keeping the PC active which then results to the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

If the troubleshooter shows any error message, please let us know. We are looking forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Screens don't turn off after specified time - Similar Threads - Screens don't turn

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  4. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  5. Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10: Windows 10 allows users to turn off the monitor after a particular or preset time, allowing them to save power when running on battery. However, if the screen is not turning off after the specified time time in Windows 10, some settings need to be checked to troubleshoot this...
  6. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  7. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Support
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  8. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  9. Display won't turn off after specified time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  10. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!): Hey guys, I'm actually so happy right now xD cuz I finally found the solution to this annoying issue. So some time ago, I configured my screen to shut down after 1 min, but it only turned it off, it didn't lock it, which was my intention. So I went to screen saver options:...