Windows 10: Screens flicker when one monitor is off in 4 MONITOR SETUP

Discus and support Screens flicker when one monitor is off in 4 MONITOR SETUP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I'm a video production engineer and have a 4 monitor setup (Windows 10, up to date) in this arrangement: 4K (TV)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaddisArt, Sep 4, 2019.

1. CaddisArt Win User

Screens flicker when one monitor is off in 4 MONITOR SETUP

Hello, everyone.

I'm a video production engineer and have a 4 monitor setup (Windows 10, up to date) in this arrangement:

4K (TV)

1440p - 4K - 1440p

All displays work great, but once the monitors go to sleep, the top 4K monitor (which is a Phillips TV) doesn't turn back on (*this is a limitation of the TV*). However, sometimes I just need to jump on and get something quick done and three monitors will do just fine.

He're's the problem: Since the 4K TV does not turn on when returning from sleep (actually just screen sleep - system stays on), the bottom three monitors flicker constant until I turn the 4K tv on, then the system seems to stabilize. I've tried disabling the TV in the setup, which leaves me with the 3 monitors working fine.

Question is, what's happening with the hardware at this point that it's flickering? I know the 4K TV is only capable of 30Hz refresh rate, whereas everything else is set to 60.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 (bottom three monitors using DisplayPort, where the 4K TV is using the HDMI port). AMD software is up-to-date, and yes, I've tried rolling back the driver to no avail. I think there's just a setting somewhere that will fix this.

Any advice would be wonderful and thanks in advance!

Rob

:)

CaddisArt, Sep 4, 2019

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Screens flicker when one monitor is off in 4 MONITOR SETUP - Similar Threads - Screens flicker monitor

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  6. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  7. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  8. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  9. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

10. Monitor flickering when TV is off

Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second display flickering