Windows 10: Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps

Discus and support Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the course of the previous year, I've noticed that clicking off of Minecraft will cause everything to go black, and everything to disconnect from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by {john}PQ, Jul 9, 2021.

1. {john}PQ Win User

Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps

Over the course of the previous year, I've noticed that clicking off of Minecraft will cause everything to go black, and everything to disconnect from the computer. If I wait a few seconds, everything comes back and all is good. However, I've started to notice that this is occurring when opening the Synthesia app as well as a particular Minecraft version, meaning that this is not just an issue with a particular program. I am able to only open certain apps for a few seconds, but they are grayed out in the taskbar and on screen, before everything goes black and disconnects. Also when opening Goo

:)

{john}PQ, Jul 9, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps - Similar Threads - Screens Black Opening

2. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  3. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  4. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  6. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  7. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

Blue Screening when opening certain apps: I am constantly blue screening when I open an application and I don't know why. I was able to use that application perfectly fine before then it just randomly stopped working by giving me blue screens. I have a memory dump but I don't understand what it is saying. Microsoft...
  8. Black screen on certain apps.

Black screen on certain apps.: Certain apps like Microsoft Edge and discord won't show anything when opened while the laptop is plugged to power outlet but, starts fine when on battery. I think the app is running because I could close the app by clicking on the estimated position of the close button but...
  9. Second monitor going black when certain programs are opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor going black when certain programs are opened: Using the slideshow function on Powerpoint (which defaults to my second monitor), opening Maya (where my toolbars and such are on my second monitor), and even the snipping tool will always cause my second monitor to shut down, or go black, I'm not sure honestly. The light...
  10. Screen goes black when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when opening certain programs: Hi, this issue started recently. No software or hardware changes were made around the time. I have 3 monitors, and whenever I open certain programs, one of the side monitors will go black. I have ruled out loose connectors, and other hardware issues, as it's usually the...