Windows 10: Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help!

Discus and support Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Friends, I have been having this issue for awhile now where my monitors/keyboard/screens shut off (not sure if everything freezes or not... I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Gumby24, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Gumby24 Win User

Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help!

Hi Friends,

I have been having this issue for awhile now where my monitors/keyboard/screens shut off (not sure if everything freezes or not... I'm assuming so? I can't do anything so I just need to restart/turn off my computer). I can be recording, I can be playing games, it doesn't seem to matter when it happens. I have recently found out something that will trigger it every time... When I go to export a video from Adobe premier pro it'll do it every single time.

I recently got an entirely new setup. Everything BESIDES the GPU is brand new (GPU is only 5 months old)

NOTE: I had this issue before I got the new setup, which really makes me think It's a GPU issue... I just wanted a second opinion before I sent it in.

Current Setup:
    CPU - AMD - Ryzen 7 1700x 3.4GHz 8-core
    MoBo - MSI - x370 Gaming pro carbon atx am4
    Memory - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600
    GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

Things I've tried:

Update Drivers
    Run Memory Check
    Reset Virtual Memory
    Run Disk Check
    Run System File Checker
    Changed performance to High Performance
    Set SSD "Turn off Hard disk after" SET TO NEVER.

After all of that I ran a clean install of windows 10. Hoping for the best... one of the first things I did to test it was re-install adobe and tried to export a video. Turned off. I basically cried and went to bed.

If anyone has any other tips let me know. I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to go home tonight and try and throw my old graphics card in there and see if that does the trick. If so, welp easy fix I guess. Send it in and hope for the best.

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for the long post. I'm not the greatest at this computer stuff.

Gumby

:)

Gumby24, Oct 11, 2017
  2. Mingo Jr Win User

Cannot get into windows 10, keyboard and mouse shut off at lock screen

Recently updated to windows 10 and after installing a razer synapse update for my mouse and keyboard they no longer work when I bpot into winows 10. I cannot use any usb port with any keyboard or mouse and my mouse and keyboard work on the bios and right
    before loading the os. But as soon I get the windows 10 loading screen my keyboard and mouse literally shut off. Please help

Mingo Jr, Oct 11, 2017
  3. TinaW72 Win User
    Windows 10 start up

Downloaded Windows 10. Everything went smoothly until I restart the laptop. It opens but only option on bottom of screen is "Search the web and Windows" and a comment box on right. The screen does nothing but blink. Or the screen will blink slowly and
    the mouse cursor is turning constantly. I am unable to click on anything. Only option is to hard shut off the computer. Please help.

TinaW72, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help!

Hi Gumby. Welcome to the TenForums @Gumby24

Is Windows recording anything in Reliability History?

Is there any details in the event viewer (which History) did not catch?

You said this happens every time with Adobe. Does it happen immediately or does it 2 or 5 or 10 minutes?

Have you searched Adobe for any patches they may have available?

Not saying to do this, just asking to check... Does MSI have any newer BIOS's for your motherboard?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Gumby24 Win User
    Hi Ken,

UPDATE: I threw in my old Graphics card just to see if the 1070 was the issue and I had the same thing happen to me. So I guess it's good and bad news. Good news: It's not the graphics card. Bad news: I'm still lost and sad lol

It doesn't look like there's anything in Reliability history besides the resetting/turning off of the computer.

As for event viewer, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. There's a lot of things out there. Critical errors look like it's just reboots. There are a fair amount of regular errors but I'm just not sure what these mean. Is there a report I can export and link over to you guys?

Yesterday I worked on editing a video for almost 2-3 hours, no issues. Once I export it to adobe media encoder, that's when things hit the fan. I get anywhere between 1-5 minutes before it'll bug out on me... Monitors/keyboard/mouse all shut off.

It looks like I have the latest updates for Adobe. I don't think it's an Adobe thing though because it happens in OBS while recording/streaming and has happened when randomly playing games. Like I mentioned, the Adobe thing was just something I found that triggered it every few minutes.

I'll take a peek at the MSI BIOS updates.

Thanks again.

Gumby

Gumby24, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Something to consider and check. The Ryzen series CPU's have limitations to them for the RAM frequencies. Even though a mobo may support frequencies of 3600mhz, it has a direct bearing on the CPU because of the limitation setting which seems to be limited to 2400mhz. I don't know if there is a fix for this as I have not looked in to it. There may be with an updated BIOS for your CPU but you would need to find that out.

In the meantime, set your RAM frequency to 2400mhz and test it at that for a week. Do that by setting the XMP feature to 2400 by adjusting the slider or in the drop down menu in the BIOS.

Plankton, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Oct 11, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

[youtube]LRyFMf0D9Lc[/youtube]

Plankton, Oct 11, 2017
  9. In conjunction with Plankton's recommendations....

I would recommend you disable auto reboots, Windows Key + R, type sysdm.cpl, enter. Under Advance tab, Startup and Recovery, lower portion of the window remove the check marks from Auto restart and Overwrite existing dump files.

I would also get something, likely already install with Motherboard functionality, to monitor heat. Then next time you encode, monitor heat.

Hopefully the BIOS is the right answer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 11, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    Here's a video with verbal content.....

[youtube]SgTokymDCcs[/youtube]

Plankton, Oct 11, 2017
  11. Gumby24 Win User
    ok - so I changed the frequency from 3600 to 2400 and I also disabled the auto reboot/rewrite dump files. So I just exported a video! It encoded for 16 minutes and didn't restart! Video came out great.

The only thing I didn't do was the Bios update. I tried it but I must've been missing something because it wouldn't bring me to the screens these guys were showing.

I think I'll just ride it out for now like this and check back in if anything else happens? Am I ok with running it at 2400?

Y'all rock.

Gumby

Gumby24, Oct 11, 2017
  12. Gumby24 Win User
    UPDATE: I ran my computer all day yesterday and had 0 issues with it freezing/turning off on me which is something that hasn't happened in a long time. I appreciate the help Ken and Plankton. Life savers.

Gumby

Gumby24, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help! - Similar Threads - Screens Keyboard Mouse

2. my keyboard keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    my keyboard keeps shutting off: alright SO my keyboard keeps turning off mid use. id be doing something important or just start playing a game that i had just waited 30 mintues for it to load true story and it would just. turn off. i know its a windows problem for 2 reasons1. the power button still works...
  3. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  4. PC turns on, display and keyboard/mouse shut off after logging in.

PC turns on, display and keyboard/mouse shut off after logging in.: I've had a bad PC issue for weeks. I was just playing a game on my PC Xcom 2 and my entire PC shut itself off. Problem is that when I turned it back on, the PC powered on, all the fans were spinning, the lights were on, but nothing...
  5. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...
  7. KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OFF

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OFF: today i had a problem with my computer and i decided to reinstall windows, after that i came across the following problem: when starting the computer the keyboard and mouse worked perfectly but when windows started both shut down completely the screen is still on asking for...
  8. USB mouse powers off/on constantly

USB mouse powers off/on constantly: Dear Microsoft, Over the years, I have found the same issue reappearing. It would be nice if you could help to fix it. When a new release occurs, USB connected devices go offline/online periodically. So if you have a USB Mouse, particularly one that uses IR, then you will...
  9. Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off: I had an issue in the past with my usb headset turning off during my workshift from home after about 8 hours a while back and I found where to go to tell Windows to not turn it off. (I hope that made sense.) I know It's not in the normal Settings. I now have an issue with...
  10. Keyboard and mouse shut off after PC boots up.

Keyboard and mouse shut off after PC boots up.: I have windows 10, and suddenly after re-activating windows 10 (with Microsoft help) my keyboard and mouse stopped working. Now, the computer boots up fine but keyboard and mouse both do not work. I cannot get into Bios, I cannot reinstall or install another OS from disc...