Windows 10: Screens won't sleep after changing hardware

Discus and support Screens won't sleep after changing hardware in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I moved from Intel/AMD to AMD/nVidia setup and I'm having issues with my screens not going to sleep properly. I had the exact same problem like 4-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by R1vaGe, Sep 16, 2020.

1. R1vaGe Win User

Screens won't sleep after changing hardware

I moved from Intel/AMD to AMD/nVidia setup and I'm having issues with my screens not going to sleep properly.

I had the exact same problem like 4-5 years ago but I don't remember how I fixed it unfortunately.

Pc: Windows 10, benq gw2765 via display port and asus ml239h via hdmi. Ryzen 3600x and 2070 super.

So there are 2 issues. First is that if my dualshock4 controller is connected via USB then my monitors don't turn off at all. I tried disabling extra hid controllers in device manager but it didn't help. If I plug my Xbox controller then monitors do go to sleep properly.

Second issue: without a controller screens turn off for 3 seconds, then there's a sound of hardware being removed and then readded which causes my main DP screen to light up black screen with backlight while my hdmi secondary monitor stays off properly. I tried updating drivers only found driver for benq, it renamed the monitor in the device manager from generic pnp to benq but it didn't help.

Completely unplugging second hdmi monitor lets primary monitor sleep properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

R1vaGe, Sep 16, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 16, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Screens won't sleep after changing hardware [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Screens won't sleep after changing hardware - Similar Threads - Screens won't sleep

2. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  3. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  4. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  6. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  7. Screen won't turn on after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't turn on after sleep: This problem has been around for quite sometime now, don't know when exactly it started. But whenever the laptop goes to sleep, then I press any button to wake it up, only the little led at the bottom turn on, but the screen stays black. What can I try to fix it? Thanks 169012
  8. Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change

Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change: I recently had to put my hard drive in another computer for maintenance purposes, and when I put my hard drive back in the original laptop, windows is deactivated. I used command prompt to find my original product key and tried entering it in, and it gave me the opportunity...
  9. Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change: I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate, and has the...
  10. Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.

Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.: I have made significant hardware changes to my computer and a few days after, windows has deactivated. I have tried using the troubleshooter and other methods of reactivating, however none of these have worked. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should try next to fix this....