Windows 10: Screens won't sleep after changing hardware

Discus and support Screens won't sleep after changing hardware in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I moved from Intel/AMD to AMD/nVidia setup and I'm having issues with my screens not going to sleep properly. I had the exact same problem like 4-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by R1vaGe, Sep 16, 2020.

1. R1vaGe Win User

Screens won't sleep after changing hardware

I moved from Intel/AMD to AMD/nVidia setup and I'm having issues with my screens not going to sleep properly.

I had the exact same problem like 4-5 years ago but I don't remember how I fixed it unfortunately.

Pc: Windows 10, benq gw2765 via display port and asus ml239h via hdmi. Ryzen 3600x and 2070 super.

So there are 2 issues. First is that if my dualshock4 controller is connected via USB then my monitors don't turn off at all. I tried disabling extra hid controllers in device manager but it didn't help. If I plug my Xbox controller then monitors do go to sleep properly.

Second issue: without a controller screens turn off for 3 seconds, then there's a sound of hardware being removed and then readded which causes my main DP screen to light up black screen with backlight while my hdmi secondary monitor stays off properly. I tried updating drivers only found driver for benq, it renamed the monitor in the device manager from generic pnp to benq but it didn't help.

Completely unplugging second hdmi monitor lets primary monitor sleep properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

R1vaGe, Sep 16, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 16, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Screens won't sleep after changing hardware [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Screens won't sleep after changing hardware - Similar Threads - Screens won't sleep

2. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change: I recently did a full hardware change on my computer except for my hard drive, and Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got this computer over 5 years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change: After buying a new motherboard, cpu and ram and struggling to get it set up on windows 7 not realizing that it wouldn't run the 3.2 USB ports I eventually tried upgrading to Windows 10. The upgrade wouldn't work for some reason, so after more fighting with it to format my SSD...
  4. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change: Hello, Recently I upgraded my PC, which involved a new motherboard and processor. I have been trying to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 Pro to no avail. The activation troubleshooter keeps giving me the error code 0xC004F213, even though I can see my previous activation...
  5. Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change: Hi all i just added a ryzen 3600 to my msi b350 gaming plus as well as putting in some 2x8gb ddr4 3600 ram. The bios is recognizing all of the parts correctly but when i boot from my ssd where windows os is installed it gets stuck in an infinite bios splash screen. Any help...
  6. Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change

Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change: I recently had to put my hard drive in another computer for maintenance purposes, and when I put my hard drive back in the original laptop, windows is deactivated. I used command prompt to find my original product key and tried entering it in, and it gave me the opportunity...
  7. Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change: I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate, and has the...
  8. Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.

Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.: I have made significant hardware changes to my computer and a few days after, windows has deactivated. I have tried using the troubleshooter and other methods of reactivating, however none of these have worked. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should try next to fix this....
  9. windows won't activate after changing my hardware

windows won't activate after changing my hardware: so recently about a week ago my ram burnt because "it wasn't installed properly" despite it working properly on this system for more than 2 year, when i took it to the shop and figured out the problem and bought new ram at the store they offered to install it for free, I...
  10. Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.: Hi, Yesterday, I went to change my Asus laptop screen because the original was defective ( it started showing white screen sometimes with lines ). The replacement screen was taken from a random used laptop. I checked every setting in power settings and everything is set to...