Windows 10: Screens Won't Timeout

Discus and support Screens Won't Timeout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the "Turn off display after" set to 20 minutes: [img] ...but they aren't timing out. Does anyone know what might be keeping this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GopherMan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. GopherMan Win User

Screens Won't Timeout

I have the "Turn off display after" set to 20 minutes:

Screens Won't Timeout [​IMG]

...but they aren't timing out. Does anyone know what might be keeping this from working? Another setting? Some program is keeping it from timing out?

:)

GopherMan, Sep 22, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia 1520: can't change the 'lock screen' photo

The reason the lock screen photo won't change is because the setting for the screen timeout is preventing the phone from resetting the picture. In my case I had my phone timeout as 'never' and that was the problem. It never timed out, so it couldn't change
    it.

Set the timeout to 30 seconds and change the photo, and then switch the screen (not the phone)off and then on again. Your photo will now have changed to what you want, and then you can reset the screen timeout to what you normally use.

Worked for me on my Lumia 630..

Keith Simpson Ogre, Sep 22, 2015
  3. HP 2210 Monitor not connecting after Window's 10 installation

I need to start my cpu first then start my monitor, and sometime the monitor will connect. Sometimes my monitor screen will timeout and my monitor goes to sleep and won't go back on. What my solution? Thanks,

LocalladyYO, Sep 22, 2015
  4. GopherMan Win User

Screens Won't Timeout

Thanks to all the responders... It turn out the NAL's response to "Monitor/display will not turn off" was the answer. I unplugged my AV8R Flight Stick (USB joystick) and the display timeout started working. I'm working on updating the joystick drive, but that's a separate issue.

GopherMan, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

Screens Won't Timeout

1. Screens Won't Timeout - Similar Threads - Screens Won't Timeout

2. Windows 10 won't lock the screen after timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't lock the screen after timeout: This was a feature where the machine will lock when the screen turns off. But on my Windows 10, the screen can be off for 24h and it still doesn't lock the machine.Is this not a feature anymore? Or am I not looking at the right place?I've set the power options to time out of...
  3. Windows 10 won't lock the screen after timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't lock the screen after timeout: This was a feature where the machine will lock when the screen turns off. But on my Windows 10, the screen can be off for 24h and it still doesn't lock the machine.Is this not a feature anymore? Or am I not looking at the right place?I've set the power options to time out of...
  4. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  6. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout: my screen times out in 1 minute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/09d0bb22-1a16-4f0b-b02d-0960081325c9
  8. screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen timeout: My screen timeout happens too fast- and then requires my windows password to reopen. how do I change this so no password is required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/8121f633-242a-4b58-a4bc-d0a9987014da
  9. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  10. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...