Windows 10: Screens Won't Timeout

Discus and support Screens Won't Timeout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the "Turn off display after" set to 20 minutes: [img] ...but they aren't timing out. Does anyone know what might be keeping this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GopherMan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. GopherMan Win User

Screens Won't Timeout

I have the "Turn off display after" set to 20 minutes:

Screens Won't Timeout [​IMG]

...but they aren't timing out. Does anyone know what might be keeping this from working? Another setting? Some program is keeping it from timing out?

:)

GopherMan, Sep 22, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia 1520: can't change the 'lock screen' photo

The reason the lock screen photo won't change is because the setting for the screen timeout is preventing the phone from resetting the picture. In my case I had my phone timeout as 'never' and that was the problem. It never timed out, so it couldn't change
    it.

Set the timeout to 30 seconds and change the photo, and then switch the screen (not the phone)off and then on again. Your photo will now have changed to what you want, and then you can reset the screen timeout to what you normally use.

Worked for me on my Lumia 630..

Keith Simpson Ogre, Sep 22, 2015
  3. HP 2210 Monitor not connecting after Window's 10 installation

I need to start my cpu first then start my monitor, and sometime the monitor will connect. Sometimes my monitor screen will timeout and my monitor goes to sleep and won't go back on. What my solution? Thanks,

LocalladyYO, Sep 22, 2015
  4. GopherMan Win User

Screens Won't Timeout

Thanks to all the responders... It turn out the NAL's response to "Monitor/display will not turn off" was the answer. I unplugged my AV8R Flight Stick (USB joystick) and the display timeout started working. I'm working on updating the joystick drive, but that's a separate issue.

GopherMan, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

Screens Won't Timeout

1. Screens Won't Timeout - Similar Threads - Screens Won't Timeout

2. Windows 10 screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screen timeout: Screen timeout setting at 20 minutes battery, 30 minutes line power. After setting, reboot and screen does not timeout for 30 minutes when plugged in. Manually put device to sleep, and upon waking, screen timeout is back down to about 2 minutes. How about fixing this...
  3. screen timeout/sleep

screen timeout/sleep: my Acer is scheduled to go to sleep after 3 hours of away time (when plugged in) but goes to sleep after only a couple minutes. It is driving me crazy! does anyone know what setting I may need to adjust?...
  4. how to change screen timeout

how to change screen timeout: how to change screen time out setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-timeout/3a2fad57-aad6-42ab-9db1-70741c2b4b23
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...
  6. Screen lock or timeout

Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  7. Lock Screen Timeout

Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  8. Trouble with screen timeout.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with screen timeout.: I'm using Windows 10 and I changed all of my When Computer Sleeps settings and my screen still goes black after about 30 seconds of inactivity. Not really sure why this happens because I changed all of the settings for the screen shutting off to never. Any help would be...
  9. Unable to correct screen timeout

Unable to correct screen timeout: My computer auto-upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Though I am growing to like Windows 10, this screen timeout issue is actually causing me problems in my profession. I have read through the forums to figure out why my screen is timing out. I have tried installing the...
  10. Screen timeout being overridden?

Screen timeout being overridden?: I have set my screen to turn off at 2 minutes while plugged in and also on battery. I've tried other times, but nothing changed. After the alotted time, it goes blank, but immediately comes back on. I've tried changing the times, tried it unplugged, tried to use sleep mode at...