Windows 10: Screensaver Changes Won't Save

Discus and support Screensaver Changes Won't Save in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a folder assigned for screensaver photos. In setting up my screensaver I browse and select that folder. It has worked perfectly for two years.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilTaylor7, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Screensaver Changes Won't Save

I have a folder assigned for screensaver photos. In setting up my screensaver I browse and select that folder. It has worked perfectly for two years. Now when screensaver kicks in it scrolls through every photo I have saved on my computer. I go in, reset my screensaver photo folder, [Apply] but it won't save my changes. How do I get my screensaver to SAVE my screensaver settings???

:)

PhilTaylor7, Apr 25, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver Changes Won't Save :)

terrace, Apr 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 screensaver issue.

Hi,

To resolve your issue about changing your screen saver, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    • Try to save the screensaver again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Screensaver Changes Won't Save

How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Screensaver Changes Won't Save

1. Screensaver Changes Won't Save - Similar Threads - Screensaver Changes Won't

2. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  3. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  4. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screensaver time not saving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver time not saving: I have a windows 10 computer and I have a problem with my screen saver. Whenever I try to change the time, it just goes back to the original time of one minute which is incredibly annoying. I tried turning the screensaver off but after a minute it just takes me to the lock...
  6. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver won't start: I'm on desktop PC. My screensaver won't start after set period of time. I recently used 3rd party screensaver program (called League Display) but it's uninstalled now. I'm not 100% sure if that was the cause or not but I'm suspecting it. Here's what I've tried so far: Reboot...
  7. Changing my screensaver

Changing my screensaver: The Appearance and Personalisation tab seems to have disappeared from my Control Panel. Now I cannot find how to change my screensaver photos. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-screensaver/2dffbbf6-5e23-4b9d-a0b8-e7b29874893c
  8. Screensaver Won't Work

Screensaver Won't Work: I have a windows 10 2 in 1 dell inspiron 1500 and for some reason my screensavers wont work. I don't use a mouse device as my screen is touch activated so that's not an issue. My power/battery setup is not a problem as its set on recommended. So why else are my...
  9. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver won't start: For whatever reason my screensaver stopped working recently. I have it set to display photos but when the time I've set it to (30 mins) runs out nothing happens. I did some Google searching and quite a number of people with similar issues seemed to get different kind of...
  10. Screensaver won't start

Screensaver won't start: I noticed these days screensaver doesn't start. I tried to reset theme, also apply different screensaver, but nothing helps. Please help. I don't like leaving my monitor on a static picture. 73924