Windows 10: Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

Discus and support Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've searched the web extensively and read pretty much all of the solutions offered up the the screensaver issues in Windows 10 [and the variety of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hurricane51, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

I've searched the web extensively and read pretty much all of the solutions offered up the the screensaver issues in Windows 10 [and the variety of issues indicates Microsoft has some work to do], but none of them seem to work for me.

I don't care about saving my monitor, or watching pretty pictures, or saving power. I need the screensaver for security reasons to lock the screen after an unattended time period. Apparently nobody else uses this feature, or if they do they haven't had a problem, or if they posted on the web I simply haven't found it.

1. This is a clean install of Windows 10 Home. It has an ASUS motherboard, an i5-6600 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM. The components are all about 2 months old. Windows 10 x64 Version 1511 10586.63. The original configuration was a single monitor attached to the DVI port of the ASUS motherboard. The screensaver worked fine with that configuration.

2. I installed an Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 graphics card (2 DisplayPorts) with two identical Dell monitors. The latest driver is installed (dated Oct 2015). This is when the screensaver stopped working.

3. I have the screensaver set to "Blank", and the preview function works perfectly well, blanking both monitors.

4. I have no HID devices other than a wireless mouse and keyboard. I have tried a different mouse and keyboard to no effect. I have tried disabling the HID devices one by one to no avail.

5. If I disconnect one monitor at the computer, the screensaver still doesn't come on.

6. I removed the Nvida card and connected the two monitors to the on-board video ports (DVI and HDMI). That made no difference. However, if I disconnected one monitor then the screensaver would work. As soon as I connected the second monitor it stopped working.

7. I found an older Sapphire Radeon video card with DVI and HDMI ports. Surprisingly it had Windows 10 drivers. After hooking everything up again it behaved exactly as the Nvidia card did.

I'm out of ideas. Trying three different video card configurations and the fact that Preview works leads me away from hardware problems.

If anyone has any ideas they would be welcomed!

:)

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2016

2. No multi monitor screensaver support in Windows 10?

If you choose the Ribbons screensaver, it works on dual monitors.

Dathan Chablal, Jan 22, 2016
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

1. Screensaver Does Not Work In Windows 10 with Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Screensaver Does Dual

2. Different screensavers on dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screensavers on dual monitors?: Is there a way to run different screensavers on dual monitors? I have a top monitor I'd want to display a dynamic moving screensaver and then use the Fliqlo clock screensaver on the bottom. I'm able to set different wallpapers for either but can't find much about...
  3. Dual monitor screen-saver issue (not wallpaper... SCREENSAVER)

Dual monitor screen-saver issue (not wallpaper... SCREENSAVER): I've been trying to get my PC to display screensavers on both screens but Windows said "Hahaha nope u suck" and it just isn't possible with their software. I decided to compromise and I just wanted to switch my screensaver from the left monitor to the right. However,...
  4. Running a screensaver on dual monitor not being used

Running a screensaver on dual monitor not being used: I'll be watching a movie and my main smaller monitor is just dimmed an on. Is there any screensaver application or so even turning it into a blank screen until I move my mouse would work. Curious what solutions you guys have haha. MS should have thought about this by now...
  5. Dual monitors not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors not working: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am trying to set up dual monitors to help me work from home. One is a new monitor bought last week, and connects via HDMI. The other is an older Acer monitor on a VGA cable, which I have bought and HDMI adapter to connect both monitors to the...
  6. Screensaver Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Does Not Work: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 The screensaver does not work, it'll preview but nothing else. I've tried most stuff suggested, changing the power options, but no luck. Does anyone know a fix? 149757
  7. Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.

Dual monitors - extend works, duplicate does not.: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. In settings, when I set the monitor to Monitor 1 (Samsung), the display is fine. When I set the monitor to Monitor 2 (Lenovo), the display is fine. When I set displays to Extend, both...
  8. Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup: After a bit of research, I figured out what was happening. I wanted for my "Photos" screensaver to show up on my primary monitor. Here's what happened: On my left is a 27" 1080p monitor; and right in front of me is a 32" 1440p monitor. Upon selecting the screensaver...
  9. Lock Screen Backgrounds/Additional Dual monitor Screensavers.

Lock Screen Backgrounds/Additional Dual monitor Screensavers.: *chuckle Whilst scouring the whole internet via Google search, I came across solutions for "Windows spotlight additional backgrounds" and additionally, I went looking for "Additional Screensaver downloads for Dual Screen use and installation". 1. Windows spotlight...
  10. dual monitor in hight! screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    dual monitor in hight! screensaver: Hello everyone, I'm looking for a screensaver (but a wallpaper too) for a dual monitor. When I search for this in Google, I find many for screens side by side. But I have a laptop, and above a normal monitor. Who can help me? Regards, Frits 33339

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual screen saver not working

2. Windows 10 dual monitor screensaver

3. windows 10 enable screen saver for dual monitor