Windows 10: Screensaver Does Not Work

Discus and support Screensaver Does Not Work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 The screensaver does not work, it'll preview but nothing else. I've tried most stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leegold, Feb 2, 2020.

1. leegold Win User

Screensaver Does Not Work

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

The screensaver does not work, it'll preview but nothing else. I've tried most stuff suggested, changing the power options, but no luck. Does anyone know a fix?

:)

leegold, Feb 2, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver Does Not Work :)

terrace, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Screensaver not working after updated to Windows 10 Creators Update.

No change after following suggested steps. It works fine and then I get the message that it could not load that screensaver. Then it will work again for a few times and then decide not to work. A fix would be greatly appreciated since it does not come
    out of the screen that says it could not load the screensaver easily.

Grandmato4, Feb 2, 2020
  4. jamesf22 Win User

Screensaver not working

I have been looking for the screensaver fix for weeks now and finally came across one that worked for me,
    step 1) open up device manager
    step 2) Go to Human Interface Devices
    step 3) Disable HID-Compliant white board.
    this seemed to fix all my screensaver and power option problems.
    Good Luck.
    James

jamesf22, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Screensaver Does Not Work - Similar Threads - Screensaver Does

2. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  3. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  4. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...: I have a dell latitude laptop and i cant get my laptop to exit out of screensaver and let me sign in i can not get to the sign in page what can i do to get to windows...
  5. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...: I have a dell latitude laptop and i cant get my laptop to exit out of screensaver and let me sign in i can not get to the sign in page what can i do to get to windows...
  6. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

7. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  8. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  9. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Screensaver does not start automatically

Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...