Windows 10: Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

Discus and support Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know how to fix my problem, but I had to search a long time to find the solution. To see if you have my problem -- a program actively preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NotMSLiveFan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

I know how to fix my problem, but I had to search a long time to find the solution.

To see if you have my problem -- a program actively preventing sleep, open an elevated command prompt and run this command: powercfg -requests

If you see any results, there is a good chance that's your problem. In my case, it was the Tobii eye tracker software. I uninstalled it and now my PC sleeps properly. [I suspect I caused my problem by using my laptop with the lid closed while the power setting was set to Never Sleep. I use an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse -- so my laptop is like a desktop PC 99% of the time. Just a theory, though.]

The below is just for keyword search purposes:

Alienware 15 R3

won't sleep

screensaver doesn't work

never locks

:)

NotMSLiveFan, Feb 11, 2019

2. Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Feb 11, 2019
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10 :)

terrace, Feb 11, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

1. Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screensaver doesn't ever

2. Windows screensaver never activates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows screensaver never activates: I set it to 1 minute but this never seems to work. No matter what I set it to the screensaver just never comes on. It used to but stopped submitted by /u/mogster777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlelop/windows_screensaver_never_activates/
  3. My screensaver doesn't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screensaver doesn't start: Yeah I looked at other forums, it didn't help at all, I've set my screensaver to play after 1 minute of idling, I reset my power plan thing through control panel, I checked for updates, the only idea I have is that my mouse sensor might be a bit stupid? Sometimes when my...
  4. Screensaver doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screensaver doesn't work: My screensaver wasn't working, I updated & downloaded the display driver and it worked for about 2 hot seconds now nothing again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-doesnt-work/98cadde8-cb0a-4a55-9127-7f5cdc806b06
  5. Unable to activate Windows screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to activate Windows screensaver: After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to come on: 1) GPEDIT User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control...
  6. screensaver activates in windows 10

screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  7. screensaver doesn't work

screensaver doesn't work: I just did the latest update to Windows 10 and now my screensavers won't work. All I get is a black screen that is hard to get out of. I have to do a Control+Alt+Delete to get the computer to respond. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks - appreciate the help...
  8. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  9. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  10. Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver doesn't work with pictures: I know some people have had issues with the screensaver not working. In my case all the screensavers work, except the one I want -pictures. I have always used pictures as a screensaver with other windows os with no problem. What happens is I can see the pictures scrolling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen saver wont activate windows 10

2. windows 10 screen saver doesnt activate