Windows 10: Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

Discus and support Screensaver doesn't work with pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know some people have had issues with the screensaver not working. In my case all the screensavers work, except the one I want -pictures. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TeeZee, Dec 5, 2015.

1. TeeZee Win User

Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

I know some people have had issues with the screensaver not working. In my case all the screensavers work, except the one I want -pictures. I have always used pictures as a screensaver with other windows os with no problem.

What happens is I can see the pictures scrolling in the mini monitor it shows you, but when I hit preview or when it goes into action, the screen goes black. I have tried using different folders in different drives and using different pictures, but still nothing but black.

Any suggestions?

:)

TeeZee, Dec 5, 2015

2. How do you keep a picture for a wallpaper, and then have a screensaver like bubbles work on top of the picture ?

How do you keep a picture for a wallpaper, and then have a screensaver like bubbles work on top of the picture. I can't seem to get it to work with Windows 10.It worked easily with previous Windows. I usually have a fall scene for the background and use
    a falling leaf for the screensaver. Any answers? Any suggestions?

Original title: Screensavers

CindiLasley, Dec 5, 2015
  3. TEX SUN Win User
    WINDOWS 10 SCREENSAVER QUIRK AND QUESTION

Hello,

I noticed an odd quirk within Windows 10 screensaver. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or is this

a flaw within Windows 10 screensaver? I noticed when I chose a picture for my desktop, and I set up the screensaver within personalization, everything worked, but if I changed my mind and changed the picture, the screensaver would turn off to none, which
    means I have to go back to turn on the screensaver every time I change a picture for my desktop. Thank you for your time.

TEXSUN

TEX SUN, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

I know this may be a stupid question but have you ticked the folder the pictures are in .
    Or clicked the pictures you want to use and pressed apply or save

hTconeM9user, Dec 5, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Any chance wrong resolution ?
    System offers "recommended" settings. Do you use that ?

Screensaver doesn't work with pictures [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 5, 2015
  6. TeeZee Win User
    Yes, done this, thanks.

TeeZee, Dec 6, 2015
  7. TeeZee Win User
    Hey that worked! I set it to the recommended settings, which was way too small for my monitor, then set it back to a larger size and the screensaver still works. Thank you!!

TeeZee, Dec 6, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screensaver doesn't work with pictures - Similar Threads - Screensaver doesn't pictures

2. Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock: Since the installation of KB5003690 the screensaver doesn't work properly and the screen doesn't lock.I have the screensaver configured to activate 4 minutes after inactivity and the screen to turn off 1 minute after that.When i boot the computer, it works properly...
  3. Screensaver not working

Screensaver not working: Hi All I have set a GPO to enable the screensaver and turn on after 60 seconds for testing. Im using photos that slideshow and have modified other GPO settings to copy these files from server to local and to modify the registry to reference these photos. When I go to...
  4. Screensaver picture filename

Screensaver picture filename: When using the photograph slide show screen saver on Windows XP, there was an option to show the filename and location of a picture. This option is missing on Windows 10. I've tried looking through the registry. On XP, it is obvious - the key is called...
  5. My screensaver doesn't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screensaver doesn't start: Yeah I looked at other forums, it didn't help at all, I've set my screensaver to play after 1 minute of idling, I reset my power plan thing through control panel, I checked for updates, the only idea I have is that my mouse sensor might be a bit stupid? Sometimes when my...
  6. Using pictures for screensaver.

Using pictures for screensaver.: I just recently updated to windows 10 and want to use some of my own pictures as a screensaver slide show. Can someone tell me the steps on how to do this? Many thanks for the assistance. Ruth Whitaker...
  7. Screensaver doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screensaver doesn't work: My screensaver wasn't working, I updated & downloaded the display driver and it worked for about 2 hot seconds now nothing again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-doesnt-work/98cadde8-cb0a-4a55-9127-7f5cdc806b06
  8. Screensaver picture location

Screensaver picture location: hi Group, I am not sure if I will be able to explain and ask my question in an appropriate way, but I will try my best. Everyone here must be definitely locking up their PC by using the inbuilt security feature. So my question is : before you try to unlock the PC by...
  9. Screensaver not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver not working: Despite working with level2 Microsoft technicians on four separate occasions to try and allow my Toshiba laptop to enter screensaver mode and eventually enter sleep mode I have had no success. No matter which power settings I use the computer enters sleep mode and after...
  10. screensaver doesn't work

screensaver doesn't work: I just did the latest update to Windows 10 and now my screensavers won't work. All I get is a black screen that is hard to get out of. I have to do a Control+Alt+Delete to get the computer to respond. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks - appreciate the help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo gallery screensaver windows 10 doesnt work