Windows 10: Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

Discus and support Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my sceensaver set up to work after 45 mins of no activity when plugged in. If I walk away for 60 seconds it engages and when I log back in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jeanne1021, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

I have my sceensaver set up to work after 45 mins of no activity when plugged in. If I walk away for 60 seconds it engages and when I log back in all my applications are closed down. This just started happening after an update.

:)

Jeanne1021, Nov 9, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications :)

terrace, Nov 9, 2019
  3. MS Office applications stop screensaver working - Windows 10

Microsoft Office 365 Windows Version 1611 (Build 7571.2109).

No changes made.

No troubleshooting apart from re-checking the screensaver settings - as stated the screensaver works perfectly well until any Office application is activated.

Dj-Stevens, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

Can't Remove Screensavers

I have generated two screensavers using Axialis Screensaver. The program is suppose to generate scr files in theSystem32 folder. In looking in the System32 folder I am unable to locate the screensaver scr files I made. When I open the screensaver app I see the two file names but are no where to be found. Both of these are not installed so their not listed in the uninstall program listing. *Sad I don't know wear the files are and have scanned through the registry by name of the screensavers.

Winmicro10help, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

1. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications - Similar Threads - Screensaver engages before

2. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  3. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  4. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

6. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

8. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  9. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  10. Windows closes all applications on sleep