Windows 10: Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

Discus and support Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my sceensaver set up to work after 45 mins of no activity when plugged in. If I walk away for 60 seconds it engages and when I log back in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jeanne1021, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

1. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

I have my sceensaver set up to work after 45 mins of no activity when plugged in. If I walk away for 60 seconds it engages and when I log back in all my applications are closed down. This just started happening after an update.

:)

2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications :)

3. MS Office applications stop screensaver working - Windows 10

Microsoft Office 365 Windows Version 1611 (Build 7571.2109).

No changes made.

No troubleshooting apart from re-checking the screensaver settings - as stated the screensaver works perfectly well until any Office application is activated.

4. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

Can't Remove Screensavers

I have generated two screensavers using Axialis Screensaver. The program is suppose to generate scr files in theSystem32 folder. In looking in the System32 folder I am unable to locate the screensaver scr files I made. When I open the screensaver app I see the two file names but are no where to be found. Both of these are not installed so their not listed in the uninstall program listing. *Sad I don't know wear the files are and have scanned through the registry by name of the screensavers.

Winmicro10help, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM
Thema:

Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications

1. Screensaver engages before its supposed to and closes down all my applications - Similar Threads - Screensaver engages before

2. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus: All my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-downloads-are-being-deleted-due-to-a/7b3e7534-c46a-441e-9c96-97ba6757fb79
  3. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...
  4. My email server is closing down....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email server is closing down....: I have my own web server and domain name, which has my email address. I have used this email address to create a MS account 20 or so years ago. The business is shutting down so created a new MS account using an (icloud email address). I wanted to add the new account/email...
  5. Google+ Closing Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google+ Closing Down: Just got email from Google telling me that, as a user, they wish to inform me that google+ is closing down in April. I have looked all over but cant tell if this includes Google Drive, as I pay for storage of thousands of images. 126500
  6. Closing down

Closing down: When I click close, message says 'closing down' but then clicks back on a second later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-down/cb60a79a-1a5b-4c1c-ac1c-b7e46b5cac35
  7. closing down problem

closing down problem: when closing down the laptop I get this box popping up with this message inside: google search return googledrivesync.exe application error the instruction at 0*000000003BB5B30 referenced memory at 0*FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF could not be read...
  8. Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?: I would like to benchmark my hardware to check it's functioning the way expected but to do that properly I need to close down unnecessary processes. How do I close every program or process that won't affect the benchmark (maybe this is a stupid thing to say but I don't want...
  9. Problems With Screensavers All Of A Sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Screensavers All Of A Sudden: I have been playing screensavers of photos I've collected all over the internet for years with no problems. All of a sudden I am frequently getting a black screen with the statement an error is causing the screensaver from not playing. I can weed it out but with hundreds of...
  10. Application Engagement in Windows Timeline with User Activities

in Windows 10 News
    Application Engagement in Windows Timeline with User Activities: Great applications help users do great things — enabling a wide range of creative, productivity and entertainment scenarios. Returning to activities can be a challenge, especially when a person wants to continue those activities across multiple devices. By writing User...