Windows 10: Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black

Discus and support Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys! I have a GPO to define a Screensaver in a company environment. The GPO works as it looks to me:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roli_B, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Roli_B Win User

Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black

Hello guys!

I have a GPO to define a Screensaver in a company environment.
    The GPO works as it looks to me:

HKU\S-1-5-21-*******************\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop

shows

ScreenSaveActive = 1
    ScreenSaverIsSecure = 1

ScreenSaveTimeOut = 900

SCRNSAVE.EXE = C:\Windows\[Name of Screensaver]

The file is there, and the creensaver works on my Test-Client, but not on other Clients in the pilot-testuser-group - there the screen only turns black

It is NOT a Flash-Screensaver the Flash thing is, why we replace the screensaver, so this is not the problem.

Any ideas?

:)

Roli_B, Mar 25, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black :)

terrace, Mar 25, 2021
  3. black screen with cursor

How can I do the steps listed above, there is nothing but a black screen, nothing to click on. When I restart the computer, there is no problem. But sooner or later I get the black screen. I mean my Mom just bought a brand new computer, and it also does
    it to her. Could the screensaver be causing the problem? It is a screensaver that comes with Windows 10.

CappieSmith, Mar 25, 2021
  4. TeeZee Win User

Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

I know some people have had issues with the screensaver not working. In my case all the screensavers work, except the one I want -pictures. I have always used pictures as a screensaver with other windows os with no problem.

What happens is I can see the pictures scrolling in the mini monitor it shows you, but when I hit preview or when it goes into action, the screen goes black. I have tried using different folders in different drives and using different pictures, but still nothing but black.

Any suggestions?

TeeZee, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black - Similar Threads - Screensaver GPO working

2. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen: Hi Guys,I've applied the GPO to an OU in our domain to apply an image as default desktop background. Running gpupdate /force on all laptops just shows "Black screen". I've looked different tech groups to find a resolution for this issue. Accordingly I deleted...
  3. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen: Hi Guys,I've applied the GPO to an OU in our domain to apply an image as default desktop background. Running gpupdate /force on all laptops just shows "Black screen". I've looked different tech groups to find a resolution for this issue. Accordingly I deleted...
  4. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Widgets screen just black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets screen just black: My laptop just updated to windows 11. There are no widgets - just a black screen with the clock at the top. Any fix for this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widgets-screen-just-black/2d044060-f5a2-4bc3-bf99-fa0db23e77bb
  6. Widgets screen just black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widgets screen just black: My laptop just updated to windows 11. There are no widgets - just a black screen with the clock at the top. Any fix for this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widgets-screen-just-black/2d044060-f5a2-4bc3-bf99-fa0db23e77bb
  7. Just Black Screen No Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just Black Screen No Logo: My pc was open and started doing an update, When I seen odd letters in the top left and my pc beeping it startled me and I turned it off big mistake, Now I get a black screen when powered on no start up logo, Number lock won't light up, Cap lock won't either, Tired restarting...
  8. Just got black screened.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got black screened.: It all started when I noticed that my command prompt opens only for a split second then nothing (even when runs as a admin), i made a bit of search it says that I should remove a autorun thing that was connected to a malware so I removed it and all good the cmd opens. Now...
  9. My screen is just black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My screen is just black: my windows 10 said it needed an update so i updated it and as normal it did its restart and when it turned back on it did the whole loading screen w the dell logo and then it just goes black and its been stuck on black for abt half an hour now...
  10. My laptop works but the screen is just black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop works but the screen is just black.: I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-works-but-the-screen-is-just-black/a82a19b1-e90c-4759-b4b0-0ca005a63276