Windows 10: Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

Discus and support Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a bit of research, I figured out what was happening. I wanted for my "Photos" screensaver to show up on my primary monitor. Here's what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lagomorph129, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

After a bit of research, I figured out what was happening. I wanted for my "Photos" screensaver to show up on my primary monitor.

Here's what happened:

On my left is a 27" 1080p monitor; and right in front of me is a 32" 1440p monitor. Upon selecting the screensaver settings I thought would create the desired results, the images appeared only on my 1080p (secondary) screen. As much as I searched, I found no setting to change the primary monitor in which the screensaver was displayed. When I changed the images folder, I noticed that the larger images extended into my 1440p (main) screen. I realized that the leftmost screen is the default screen in which Windows places the screensaver. I changed my display options to emulate my secondary screen's position on the right side: the screensavers then defaulted to my main screen.

As for my situation:

I have neither space nor desire to place my secondary screen on my right side. Does anybody know of cheap/free third-party software that can achieve my desired results?

TL;DR

When using dual monitor setup, Windows defaults "Photos" option to the leftmost screen.

:)

lagomorph129, Apr 20, 2019

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Dual Monitor Setup Issues

I have a dual monitor setup that works fine once I go to Intel Graphics Settings > Display > Multiple Display > Detect. But every time I restart my PC I have to do those steps again to get it to work. How can I have my second monitor recognized by default
    on startup?

Joshua Todd, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

Setup dual monitor in Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to press Windows Key + P on keyboard and follow onscreen instruction to setup dual monitor in Windows 10. As there is a conflict in connecting multiple hardware you may also
    Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

1. Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup - Similar Threads - Screensaver Issue Dual

2. Dual Monitor Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup Issues: Hi Microsoft Community - Hope you can help. I am set up my 2nd monitor today at the office. Both of my monitors are up & running but it won't let change which is the primary and secondary monitors. I tried moving on the monitors on the screen and hit apply like the...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup Issues: Hi Microsoft Community - Hope you can help. I am set up my 2nd monitor today at the office. Both of my monitors are up & running but it won't let change which is the primary and secondary monitors. I tried moving on the monitors on the screen and hit apply like the...
  4. Dual Monitor Setup Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup Issue: So I've got a weird problem with my dual monitor setup. I've been using them for over a year now and randomly a new problem started happening. I have a monitor that's displayport and one that's hdmi. When I have them both connected, the displayport monitor will randomly go...
  5. Different screensavers on dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screensavers on dual monitors?: Is there a way to run different screensavers on dual monitors? I have a top monitor I'd want to display a dynamic moving screensaver and then use the Fliqlo clock screensaver on the bottom. I'm able to set different wallpapers for either but can't find much about...
  6. Dual monitor screen-saver issue (not wallpaper... SCREENSAVER)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor screen-saver issue (not wallpaper... SCREENSAVER): I've been trying to get my PC to display screensavers on both screens but Windows said "Hahaha nope u suck" and it just isn't possible with their software. I decided to compromise and I just wanted to switch my screensaver from the left monitor to the right. However,...
  7. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  8. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  10. dual monitor in hight! screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    dual monitor in hight! screensaver: Hello everyone, I'm looking for a screensaver (but a wallpaper too) for a dual monitor. When I search for this in Google, I find many for screens side by side. But I have a laptop, and above a normal monitor. Who can help me? Regards, Frits 33339

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitor screensaver windows 10

2. screen saver on multiple displays windows 10

3. screensaver on dual monitors

4. show screensaver on dual monitors,
  5. windows 10 screensaver on only one screen,
  6. screen saver does work with two monitors,
  7. screen saver set but not coming on multiple monitors,
  8. how do i get the same screen saver on a duo monitor,
  9. screen saver settings windows 10 with dual screens,
  10. windows 10 screen saver on two monitors,
  11. multi screen screensaver windows 10,