Windows 10: Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Discus and support Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know why this is happening ? Ever so often, I'll notice that a screensaver doesn't turn on. I'll go into the settings and it says that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spottedfeather, May 8, 2021.

1. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Does anyone know why this is happening ? Ever so often, I'll notice that a screensaver doesn't turn on. I'll go into the settings and it says that it's set to no screensaver. I put one back on, but a week or so later, it's turned off again.

:)

Spottedfeather, May 8, 2021

2. Screensaver settings on Windows10

Hi Steven,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What screensaver setting was kept?
    • What screensaver did you keep?
    • Do you face this with a particular Screensaver?
    If you haven't tried with a different screensaver, check and let us know.

Ravinath P, May 8, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None :)

terrace, May 8, 2021
  4. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Windows 10 keeps disabling my screensaver on its own

Windows 10 keeps automatically disabling my screensaver and setting it to "none".

About once a week, I find that my screensaver that I made with InstantStorm does not activate after five minutes has passed. I then check my screensaver settings and found that my screensaver reverted to "none". I then proceed to change it back to the My Little Pony screensaver that I made—only for Windows 10 to change it back to "none" in a week or so.

I Googled the problem but nothing relevant came up. Google did not even provide next word suggestions after 'Windows 10 keeps disabling my' "screensaver was NOT even in the drop down list and when I typed 'screensaver' anyway, all I got was results pertaining to Windows disabling the screen, NOT the screensaver.

This is on a Dell Optiplex 790 tower

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Ornithophilia, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

1. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None - Similar Threads - Screensaver Keeps Getting

2. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  3. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  4. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Every few days, I notice my screensaver doesn't come on. I'll go into the settings, and see that it's set to NONE. Why is this ? I never had this problem with Windows 7. I really don't want to mess around with the registry, as if I end up bricking my computer, my main source...
  5. Screensaver keeps randomly resetting to (None)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver keeps randomly resetting to (None): For a while now I’ve been dealing with a VERY irritating problem on my Windows 10 laptop. My screensaver keeps randomly getting disabled (I.e. reset to (None)) for no reason at all. There really isn’t a set time frame for this to occur, I only find out about it every few...
  6. Getting stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting stuck on screensaver: Howdy, I tried restarting my pc today because I was having some audio troubles, started restarting it, screen went black so I held the power button to turn it back on, guess it wasnt off on the way cause that turned it off. Turned it back on and now I'm stuck on the...
  7. I keep getting Page Fault in None Paged Area

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting Page Fault in None Paged Area: Hello!, I keep getting a Page Fault in None Paged Area error, can someone help me? I got the minidump file and it would be great if someone could help me figure out what's going on. Here is the minidump file:...
  8. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  9. Accessing screensaver settings button

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing screensaver settings button: Hello, been using windows 10 for a while and got to say will it ever be streamlined to the point will never have to fix or modify anything in the OS for it work properly out of the gate for even mundane selections ok so for the issue now today this moment when i went to...
  10. Windows 10 screensaver settings

Windows 10 screensaver settings: How do I use Custom Reflection in 3D Text Screen Saver for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/windows-10-screensaver-settings/ba9c5a2f-3591-49d1-9adb-d43dbf8522ee