Windows 10: Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

Discus and support Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Now the screensaver lock screen does not respond to password entry or fingerprint reading. I have to reboot to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rclolson, Apr 19, 2019.

1. rclolson Win User

Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Now the screensaver lock screen does not respond to password entry or fingerprint reading. I have to reboot to sign in. Is there a fix for this?

:)

rclolson, Apr 19, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro :)

terrace, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Screensaver not working with Lock Screen

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the Screensaver feature does not work in Lock screen.

Please be informed that the Lock screen feature in Windows 10 has a separate settings to display the pictures/ slideshow.

To do so, follow the below steps.

• Open Settings, click/tap on the Personalization icon.
    • Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side. Enable the slideshow
      option, click or tap the Background drop-down menu and then choose
      Slideshow.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

Screensaver timeout overwrites screen timeout in lock screen

Dear all,

I have a weird issue in Windows 10 with the screensaver while the PC is locked.

The screensaver timeout seems to overwrite the screen timout in the power settings, unless I set those to "Never".

For example:

Wait time for screensaver: 15 minutes

Time for the screen to turn off in power settings: 30 minutes

-> When I lock my PC, the screen is turned off after 15 minutes

I can set the timeouts to any value I want (iE show screensaver after 1 minute and turn off screen after 1 hour), in lock screen the screen will always be turned of after the wait time in the screensaver settings.

Only when I set the screen timeout to "Never", the screensaver will play in lock screen after the defined wait time.

Is there any way to fix this?

Our communications department wants to share information via the screensaver, but as a company with emphasis on sustainability we still want the screens to power off after a while.

Thank you!

Sebastian Vonscheidt, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

1. Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro - Similar Threads - Screensaver lock screen

2. Screensaver and Lock Screen Slides in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver and Lock Screen Slides in Windows 11: Is it possible to have a screen saver and a custom lock screen slides turned on in windows 11 at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-and-lock-screen-slides-in-windows-11/1b3607e6-8b8d-456c-be7b-fa4992165f8a
  3. Screensaver and Lock Screen Slides in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver and Lock Screen Slides in Windows 11: Is it possible to have a screen saver and a custom lock screen slides turned on in windows 11 at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-and-lock-screen-slides-in-windows-11/1b3607e6-8b8d-456c-be7b-fa4992165f8a
  4. what's the difference between a lock screen and a screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between a lock screen and a screensaver: what's the difference between the lock screen and screensaver settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-a-lock-screen-and-a/93843e69-55bf-42f0-b17c-d3b1d73daae5
  5. what's the difference between a lock screen and a screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    what's the difference between a lock screen and a screensaver: what's the difference between the lock screen and screensaver settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-a-lock-screen-and-a/93843e69-55bf-42f0-b17c-d3b1d73daae5
  6. Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock

Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock: Since the installation of KB5003690 the screensaver doesn't work properly and the screen doesn't lock.I have the screensaver configured to activate 4 minutes after inactivity and the screen to turn off 1 minute after that.When i boot the computer, it works properly...
  7. Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?

Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?: Hi, I have set my screensaver to 2 minutes but it does not turn on, what now? Bildschirmschoner geht nicht an (Win10)?
  8. Video screensaver/lock screen?

Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...
  9. Screen does not respond after locking computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not respond after locking computer: After locking computer using Windows + L, the screen remains turned on for about 2 minutes and then goes black and does not respond to any key or mouse movement. I have to force restart it every time this happens. I have tried following with no avail - 1. Use powercfg...
  10. Win10 screensaver- origin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 screensaver- origin?: I'm looking at a Windows-supplied screen image of a grey rockface, with two climbers dwarfed by the scale. I'd really like to know the climb/mountain/ whereabouts..... Google Images can't help. 85043