Windows 10: Screensaver/Monitor problem.

Discus and support Screensaver/Monitor problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I have been having nothing but problems with monitors STAYING off when it kicks in screensaver kicks in after 15 min and monitors shut off 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ichigo Kurosaki, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Screensaver/Monitor problem.

Recently, I have been having nothing but problems with monitors STAYING off when it kicks in screensaver kicks in after 15 min and monitors shut off 5 min later. The problem is is that between 2000 and 2200 EVERY BLOODY NIGHT, the monitors suddenly become active.

Now, you might say; "why not simply turn off the monitors from the power switch?" Well, I USED to do this when running Windows 7 Pro. HOWEVER, Windows 10, for some unknow/stupid reason causes the desktop to be rearranged when I do this, making have to spend time reconfiguring my desktop, as I run a dual monitor setup. Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 6GB card running 2 Samsung 28" UE590 4K monitors set to 3840x2160@60Hz.

What I REALLY want to know is how to get the nVidia GeForce software to have full control over the monitors like it did before 10. I want all but screensaver disabled from the OS-side of things, like they used to be.

:)

Ichigo Kurosaki, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver/Monitor problem. :)

terrace, Oct 27, 2020
  4. TomEPike Win User

Screensaver/Monitor problem.

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Screensaver/Monitor problem.

1. Screensaver/Monitor problem. - Similar Threads - Screensaver Monitor problem

2. New monitor, new problems screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  3. New monitor, new problems screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  4. Screensaver problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver problems: My screesaver stopped activating by itself. It only works if I do a "preview." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-problems/1049e45b-fddc-4d40-9478-682250cf1690
  5. Screensaver on one monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver on one monitor?: Hi. I'm using an HP all-in-one with the latest build of Windows 10, and I've connected an old Walker TV to it to use as a secondary monitor. The multiple monitor set-up works fine, and they're both set to 1080p, which is the native resolution on both. However, the TV...
  6. Screensaver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver problem: Few weeks ago, my screensaver is not working propertly. It works after restart or after changing some screensaver settings(no matter what) but after that it’s not working. submitted by /u/00Squid00 [link] [comments]...
  7. Screensaver problems

Screensaver problems: A week or two ago I logged onto my PC and some weird thing appeared that looked like some sort of new screensaver editor thing, it had some images to choose from so I selected one of them and it appeared as the screensaver on one of my two monitors, the other one still had...
  8. Twin monitor Screensaver.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Twin monitor Screensaver.: This may seem a mundane question. However, it is irritating me. I have two monitors and when I start the screen saver it only shows on one screen. Is it possible for the screen saver to show over both screens? Many thanks for any ideas....
  9. screensaver problem

screensaver problem: i use my photos as a screensaver , and sometimes it works fine , but 3-5 times a week it shows a black screen and says that an error the screensaver from running it drives me nuts , anyone know what happening and how to fix it once and for all ? 38941
  10. dual monitor in hight! screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    dual monitor in hight! screensaver: Hello everyone, I'm looking for a screensaver (but a wallpaper too) for a dual monitor. When I search for this in Google, I find many for screens side by side. But I have a laptop, and above a normal monitor. Who can help me? Regards, Frits 33339