Windows 10: Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

Discus and support Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captainfearless, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command for display, which is supposed to stop it interfering, it didn't solve the problem.

I've even tried getting Task Scheduler to run the screensaver, but it appears to be preventing that too, any suggestions?

Windows 10 Version 1909

:)

captainfearless, Mar 12, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20 :)

terrace, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Can't Remove Screensavers

Well since there is no way to uninstall the two screensavers I made it was suggested I uninstall the program. Unfortunately, even after uninstalling Axialis Screensaver, the screensavers I made are still listed. Not a big deal just wonder where the data is hiding? Normally they should of been created in the system32 folder but in searching none where found. *Mad

Winmicro10help, Mar 12, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

Network connection is inactive detected by CyberLink PowerDVD 17

Hi Renny, is CyberLink PowerDVD 17 trying to update in the Background?

That application is possibly reading your Internet connection incorrectly

If CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is successfully installed on your system, you can turn off the updater to get rid of this message . . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

1. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20 - Similar Threads - Screensaver Nobbled PowerDVD

2. PowerDVD 365/22 needs a relaunch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerDVD 365/22 needs a relaunch: After removing old PowerDVD and PowerDirector software I installed WinDVD 12 Pro, tried reinstalling PowerDVD 365, and it hangs on 6%. Is this funny? I have found more than once when installing PowerDVD, that installing WinDVD first will help it not get stuck....
  3. PowerDVD 365/22 needs a relaunch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerDVD 365/22 needs a relaunch: After removing old PowerDVD and PowerDirector software I installed WinDVD 12 Pro, tried reinstalling PowerDVD 365, and it hangs on 6%. Is this funny? I have found more than once when installing PowerDVD, that installing WinDVD first will help it not get stuck....
  4. PowerDVD 365/22 needs a relaunch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  6. Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver: My screensaver disappeared with the latest update. Where did you send it and why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-121420-lost-my-screensaver/f9b392d4-2cfe-4b41-a52d-c014cd7d7caf
  7. Watching PowerDVD safety instructions on DVD?

Watching PowerDVD safety instructions on DVD?: As of today, I get a security alert when I want to watch a movie with PowerDVD. Allegedly my certificate has expired or is not valid. But when I install the certificate and choose a folder, the same error message appears again. I have updated all drivers, reinstalled...
  8. PowerDVD 12 Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PowerDVD 12 Won't Launch: After the last major windows update, my copy of PowerDVD 12 will not longer running insisting my trial version is up (I own a DVD copy of it and activated it 2 years ago), when I try to explain it to Cyberlink they keep saying PowerDVD is about to enter legacy support -...
  9. PowerDVD 12 won't launch

PowerDVD 12 won't launch: A few months ago, it worked perfectly. Now it won't even open! I tried to install the latest update and it says the app is terminated and errors like that. I tried to update it 5 times. All of them failed. Windows Media Player works, so does DVD - ROM....
  10. DivX and PowerDVD

DivX and PowerDVD: Folks, I have PowerDVD Ultra 15 installed. All is good. I also have DivX 10 installed. It seems like they do the same thing. I hate to sound ignorant, since I'm the one that bought/installed these, but what does DivX do that PowerDVD does not? I've done some internet...