Windows 10: Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

Discus and support Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After updating Windows to 2004, the screensaver no longer comes on after the time I've set. Have tried both changing the number of minutes that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WebMaximus, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

After updating Windows to 2004, the screensaver no longer comes on after the time I've set.

Have tried both changing the number of minutes that should pass before it starts as well as tried different screensavers but to no avail.

This is in fact a very old and common issue reported in the past. Both by me and others. Sorry to see how this very annoying issue has resurfaced again in the latest version of Windows.

:)

WebMaximus, Jul 2, 2020

2. Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

After updating Windows to 2004, the screensaver no longer comes on after the time I've set.

Have tried both changing the number of minutes that should pass before it starts as well as tried different screensavers but to no avail.

This is in fact a very old (and common) issue reported in the past. Both by me and others. Sorry to see how this very annoying issue has resurfaced again in the latest version of Windows.

WebMaximus, Aug 5, 2020
  3. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes,

nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and

can see no uninstall of it. Is there a work-around to get a screensaver or sleep to work again? I don't want my screen

to burn-in.

Thank you for any ideas.

campyrs52

Suzanne Campbell, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

Greetings,

I appreciate your time getting back to my email, if the above steps did not work , no worries since this is an open forum we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime try with the steps provided in these links below.

https://windowsreport.com/screen-saver-not-work...

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004 - Similar Threads - Screensaver starting since

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Windows Search is not working since 2004 update

in Cortana
    Windows Search is not working since 2004 update: Windows Search is not working since 2004 update. When I click the search button, nothing happens. Same with Win + Q. Task Manager doesn't show any SearchUI.exe running. And I have done sfc scam and DCIM scans.... No luck!...
  7. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  8. Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming: Hi guys! I made a mistake by updating my computer to the latest windows version. Unfortunately there must be some drivers conflicting or something forcing my PC to freeze whilst playing videogames. This literally only happens whilst playing games. I've tried; DDU...
  9. A few bugs since 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few bugs since 2004 Update: Hey guys, here is a list with a few bugs I encountered since the 2004 update. - If I wake up my PC from sleep, sometimes the whole system has mini freezes/stutters -> Restart - Sometimes when I start my PC I get the same bug as above, just from a normal startup -> Restart...
  10. Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?: My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago. How can I adjust settings for that? 98694