Windows 10: Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

Discus and support Screensaver not working while certain apps are running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My screensaver isn’t automatically turning on while apps like games are running passively. Is there any way to change this? submitted by /u/migel210... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/migel210, May 9, 2020.

1. Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

My screensaver isn’t automatically turning on while apps like games are running passively. Is there any way to change this?

submitted by /u/migel210
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/migel210, May 9, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver not working while certain apps are running :)

terrace, May 9, 2020
  3. Run a Screensaver in Windowed Mode

Thank you for the reply. The suggestion is great. Although, it didn't seem to work well for my preferred screensaver. That might have been due (at least in part) to the fact that it is created by

an old game
    . By creating a shortest to the screensaver's executable, I am able to run it from my Start menu. But, because of what it does to would like it to run, even while I am working or playing elsewhere. If you have played the game, you might have
    used the screensaver before.

Weird Odd Wodd, May 9, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

1. Screensaver not working while certain apps are running - Similar Threads - Screensaver working while

2. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  3. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  4. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Screensaver while working on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver while working on PC: Hi, could anyone help me, please? Situation is this (in short). I have two large monitors connected to my tiny laptop. Is there any possibility to turn on some sort of screensaver at the laptop's built-in display when I don't use it during the work? Lowering the brightness...
  6. Random BSOD while running certain video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD while running certain video games.: Hello, My pc is only about a year old and was built from NZXT. I currently get unexpected restarts / BSOD while playing certain games and I'm getting an error in the log that says. "Shut down unexpectedly" Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0...
  7. Certain Apps Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain Apps Will Not Run: This problem just recently began, and for some unknown reason this issue only happens with my Chrome and Discord apps, they literally just will not run. It says in my taskbar and task manager that they are running and when I hover over them I can see the screen of what you'd...
  8. Certain windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain windows apps not working: Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them, they don't work. I am running the latest update of windows 10 1909....
  9. Cant run certain app program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...
  10. Screensaver goes black while running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver goes black while running: Each time my screensaver plays my photos, it runs for awhile then the screen goes black. How do I keep the photos and screensaver going? 20419