Windows 10: Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

Discus and support Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to W10 My previous screensaver displayed my photos and also gave the name / filepath. This is really useful as I have a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NOTTNICK, Feb 24, 2019.

1. NOTTNICK Win User

Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

I have recently upgraded to W10
    My previous screensaver displayed my photos and also gave the name / filepath.
    This is really useful as I have a big archive, all photos are named and dated. Quite often I am keen to know the details of the photo displayed.
    Is there a fix? Or is there 3rd party program that will do it as W10 doesn't seem to offer that facility.
    Thanks
    Nick

:)

NOTTNICK, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Is there a way to display a file path for pictures rotating on the screensaver for Windows 10?

ClaireD1012, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Cace-Man Win User
    Windows 10 file path on screensaver

I came across the following article that should answer this question and more:

Posted by AnandK@TWC on September 7, 2015

Where are Wallpapers and Lock Screen images stored in Windows 10

The wallpaper for Windows themepack are located in a hidden folder so first enable ‘Show hidden files & folder’ option from the Windows Explorer Folder Options.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\

Ops, you wanted to know about screensavers: hop over to this article:

Windows 10 Screensaver file names

Cace-Man, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

Screensaver for win10

In XP I had a screensaver program that would use my photos but it also showed the file path name of the photo being displayed. I can use my photos in win10 easily enough but I cannot find the name of the program that I used in XP.

Fridgeadair, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

1. Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed - Similar Threads - Screensaver Photos file

2. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?: Hi everyone,I need to take my laptop to a repair shop. Unfortunately I am unable to power it on due to battery issues and so I'm unsure whether the name and picture shown in this profile will be reflected on the laptop that I'm wanting to get fixed.I own a Lenovo Ideapad...
  3. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?: Hi everyone,I need to take my laptop to a repair shop. Unfortunately I am unable to power it on due to battery issues and so I'm unsure whether the name and picture shown in this profile will be reflected on the laptop that I'm wanting to get fixed.I own a Lenovo Ideapad...
  4. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  6. Screensaver slideshow - file path

Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  7. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name: All my pdf files are being saved as photos but I am ticking the pdf box. What am I doing wrong?? And then computer won't open. Says it wrong path or don't have latest version - photos last updated on 12.01.2022. Even a word doc saved as pdf gets the photo icon and pdf in file...
  9. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  10. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....