Windows 10: Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

Discus and support Screensaver & Power Management no longer working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings! Recently I noticed that the screensaver on my Windows desktop PC stopped working. Also, the power settings automatic display off / computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by A.M.Wolf, Nov 16, 2020.

1. A.M.Wolf Win User

Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

Greetings! Recently I noticed that the screensaver on my Windows desktop PC stopped working. Also, the power settings automatic display off / computer sleep no longer work. According to ver, I'm using "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.630]"

I can't think of anything I've changed on my system recently. I've tried changing the screensaver / power settings, but no dice.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

A.M.Wolf, Nov 16, 2020
  2. jamesf22 Win User

Screensaver not working

I have been looking for the screensaver fix for weeks now and finally came across one that worked for me,
    step 1) open up device manager
    step 2) Go to Human Interface Devices
    step 3) Disable HID-Compliant white board.
    this seemed to fix all my screensaver and power option problems.
    Good Luck.
    James

jamesf22, Nov 16, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver & Power Management no longer working :)

terrace, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

Screensaver not working except in games

I just installed a clean Windows 10 on the new machine a built. For some reason, none of the listed screensavers work EXCEPT when I'm in a game and idle.

If I'm not in a game, no screensaver will ever start. I've tried playing with the power settings including cmd powercfg, etc.

darkzero901, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

1. Screensaver & Power Management no longer working - Similar Threads - Screensaver Power Management

2. Windows Locking NOT Power or Screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Locking NOT Power or Screensaver: I recently purchased and installed Windows 11 however have found it will look after 1-2 minutes of inactivity. I have ammended all the power settings, used the registry to surface settings not visible by default, turned off the screensaver locking. Every option I can think of...
  3. Windows Locking NOT Power or Screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Locking NOT Power or Screensaver: I recently purchased and installed Windows 11 however have found it will look after 1-2 minutes of inactivity. I have ammended all the power settings, used the registry to surface settings not visible by default, turned off the screensaver locking. Every option I can think of...
  4. Screensaver policy not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver policy not working.: Hello There,We have 2016 x64 domain controller and Windows 10 x64 build across network.We are trying to implement screensaver via GPO. However, I can see that policy is applied and users are unable to modify settings. But, still screensaver is not invoked after 15...
  5. Screensaver not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver not working: Hi All I have set a GPO to enable the screensaver and turn on after 60 seconds for testing. Im using photos that slideshow and have modified other GPO settings to copy these files from server to local and to modify the registry to reference these photos. When I go to...
  6. swf Screensaver no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    swf Screensaver no longer works.: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1316) I have a screensaver clock which has stopped working. I have no idea why. Instead of the clock I now get this [img] The swf code is as follows: <p> <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="230" height="230"...
  7. Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.: On July 16, my PC automatically update to the Win 10 Version 2004. The screen savers have stopped, an issue since I am running BOINC. The display also quit shutting down after 30 minutes. I recovered to 1903 and the issues went away. Last night the PC did it again. Same...
  8. Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?: I have my power settings set so that the screen turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity. My screensaver timeout is also set for 5 minutes and I'm just using the blank screen screensaver. Basically, I just want my monitor to go off after the timeout. Since updating to 2004, it...
  9. Screensaver not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver not working: Despite working with level2 Microsoft technicians on four separate occasions to try and allow my Toshiba laptop to enter screensaver mode and eventually enter sleep mode I have had no success. No matter which power settings I use the computer enters sleep mode and after...
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...