Windows 10: Screensaver slideshow - file path

Discus and support Screensaver slideshow - file path in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by avoranD, Mar 6, 2022.

1. avoranD Win User

Screensaver slideshow - file path

In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It is annoying when "upgrades" remove functionality, whatever other genuine improvements there have been. :Running on a desktop computer, not a mobile device.

:)

avoranD, Mar 6, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, Mar 6, 2022
  3. How to put photo location of screensaver slideshow in windows 10

You can slow down the Slideshow after choosing Photos in Screensaver at Control Panel>Personalization>Screensaver Same for the more modern Desktop Backgrounds slideshow.

But I've not seen an option for having file name on screen since XP. The closest I can find to applying that to Windows 10 is mentioned by Richard Morten in

Windows 10 file path on screensaver - Microsoft Community

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 6, 2022
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver slideshow - file path :)

terrace, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Screensaver slideshow - file path - Similar Threads - Screensaver slideshow file

2. Path to source file of desktop wallpaper slideshow mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Path to source file of desktop wallpaper slideshow mode: Hi,when I select "Slideshow" mode in wallpaper settings, I specify folder where to take images from.where can I get path or at least original file name that is currently being displayed as desktop wallpaper.to clarify, I don't need copy of the file in %appdata% folder, I want...
  3. Path to source file of desktop wallpaper slideshow mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path to source file of desktop wallpaper slideshow mode: Hi,when I select "Slideshow" mode in wallpaper settings, I specify folder where to take images from.where can I get path or at least original file name that is currently being displayed as desktop wallpaper.to clarify, I don't need copy of the file in %appdata% folder, I want...
  4. Slideshow Screensaver Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow Screensaver Error: Hello,So I have a Dell Desktop Main PC; HP Desktop my former PC now connected to a Smart TV and a Dell Laptop I use primarily to stream spotify music.. All three are running Windows 10 with full updates. All three power up automatically at 9am and are on all day until I go to...
  5. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  6. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  7. Slideshow screensaver color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Support
    Slideshow screensaver color is over saturated: My Benq monitor is calibrated and my images color looks in great in Photoshop and also in Windows Photos. When I run a slide show the images are greatly over saturated and just awful for viewing. A few days ago the color in the slide show was perfectly okay. Does anyone have...
  8. windows 10 screensavers slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 screensavers slideshow: After an update, my screensaver slideshow quit working. I tried all the remedy's on the internet. Nothing worked. So I found one I just love!! It is called gPhoto Show. It works beautifully! I like it even better than the Windows 10 one. I highly reccommend it. It is...
  9. screensaver slideshow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screensaver slideshow: Is there a way to find out where a picture that I'm seeing in screensaver slideshow is located. I have a lot of subfolders in the folder that I'm using for the screensaver slideshow, and it's hard to find a specific picture that I sometimes see and want to get the info on...
  10. Screensaver slideshow error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver slideshow error: I am running Windows 10 and have the slideshow screensaver that comes with Windows 10 set up to be my screensaver. The problem is that often times it does not run. The screen will turn black and in small white letters it will state something like, "Unable to run slideshow...