Windows 10: Screensaver system acting strangely.

Discus and support Screensaver system acting strangely. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1316) A couple of screensavers which I added a while ago no longer work. In Screen Saver Settings two of those listed are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stanley1961, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Screensaver system acting strangely.

1909 (OS Build 18363. 1316)

A couple of screensavers which I added a while ago no longer work.

In Screen Saver Settings two of those listed are no longer installed on the PC. If I select one of them, pressing Settings or Preview has no effect, I can't use that saver.

If I select the other one, the strange image shown in my previous thread appears

Screensaver system acting strangely. [​IMG]

I have spent a lot of time searching for that image on the PC but can't find out where it is.

Is there some reset function in the system which won't mean having to re-install my many programs and files ?

:)

Stanley1961, Jan 14, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver system acting strangely. :)

terrace, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Screensaver not intiating

No corruption. It’s weird, because it doesnt do it all the time. It can go for days without acting strange. Then the screensaver will not load. I will check for avaiable updates, most of the time there is. Sometimes there is not. Once an update is
    made, the pc will go back to acting normal. If an update doesnt show at that time, there will be one at some point that day and the screensaver will continue to not work correctly.

Superakcraig, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Screensaver system acting strangely.

Can't Remove Screensavers

Well since there is no way to uninstall the two screensavers I made it was suggested I uninstall the program. Unfortunately, even after uninstalling Axialis Screensaver, the screensavers I made are still listed. Not a big deal just wonder where the data is hiding? Normally they should of been created in the system32 folder but in searching none where found. *Mad

Winmicro10help, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Screensaver system acting strangely.

1. Screensaver system acting strangely. - Similar Threads - Screensaver system acting

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  4. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: I get random instances of cmd opening showing either "txdata.exe" and "." for a split second and there's this "RIIF" folder open in my task manager Now gone after writing this postThis happens randomly every hour or soRIIF : https://imgur.com/xoud1ld"." :...
  5. Display acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  6. keyboard acting strange

keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  7. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  8. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  9. Laptop waking up system acts strange...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up system acts strange...: I've recently bought the Wi-Fi USB Adapter because my laptop's internet went busted, then this happens. Does the USB have anything to do with this? My issue goes like this: When I try to wake up my display from Sleep Mode, the power light is on, but the screen remains...
  10. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...