Windows 10: Screensaver time not saving

Discus and support Screensaver time not saving in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 computer and I have a problem with my screen saver. Whenever I try to change the time, it just goes back to the original time of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ._858, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ._858 Win User

Screensaver time not saving

I have a windows 10 computer and I have a problem with my screen saver.
    Whenever I try to change the time, it just goes back to the original time of one minute which is incredibly annoying.
    I tried turning the screensaver off but after a minute it just takes me to the lock screen.

I don't know much about computers so try to make your explanations as simple as possible

Thanks

:)

._858, Jan 15, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver time not saving :)

terrace, Jan 15, 2021
  3. windows 10 screensaver issue.

Hi,

To resolve your issue about changing your screen saver, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    • Try to save the screensaver again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 15, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

screensaver versus no screensaver

I turn my screen off, save's power compared to a screensaver.

DrPepper, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Screensaver time not saving - Similar Threads - Screensaver saving

2. Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display: Hi I use a surface pro 7 and when I connect it to an external display with Microsoft wireless display adapter, the sleep and screen savor functions won't work, and the pc and both monitors will be on 24/7. when I disconnect the display it works like a charm....
  3. Dual monitor screensaver not filling screens with pics from PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor screensaver not filling screens with pics from PC.: I have a 1080p screen rotated 90 degrees and 1440p screen normal way. The screensaver is just showing 1/4 on the 1440p and 50% on 1080p screen. I am trying to show a folder with pics from PC. What is wrong? Tried to change the background settings; fill, tile and so on....
  4. Now the Flash Is gone my aperture science screensaver doesnt work and is seemingly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now the Flash Is gone my aperture science screensaver doesnt work and is seemingly...: Ultimately I'm pretty pissed the microsoft thinks they get to tell me what programs I can and can't run, I dont need another apple playing big brother, but microsoft has apparently determined that screensavers are unneeded regardless of if anyone likes theirs. submitted by...
  5. Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver: Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to display my heic format photos in the photos screensaver. I have installed the heif/heic image extension below, but when the screensaver tries to display an heic format photo, it just has the generic mountain thumbnail rather than showing the...
  6. Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers

in Windows 10 News
    Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers: Screensavers are fun, they look cool and make you feel relaxed. While they don't serve their original purpose anymore, the prevention of burn-ins in displays, they may still add visual elements to the display when the device is not used actively. Windows 10 comes with a...
  7. Screensaver Changes Won't Save

Screensaver Changes Won't Save: I have a folder assigned for screensaver photos. In setting up my screensaver I browse and select that folder. It has worked perfectly for two years. Now when screensaver kicks in it scrolls through every photo I have saved on my computer. I go in, reset my screensaver photo...
  8. Windows 10 locking despite no energy saving or screensaver?

Windows 10 locking despite no energy saving or screensaver?: After a couple of minutes of inactivity, my win 10 goes black och when I press a key it goes to the login screen. Looks like "hibernation" or "sleep", except I have those set to "never" and this started happening today or yesterday without me changing any settings. The...
  9. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?: The last update got rid of the screensavers from themes. I would really like to get this back. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenesavers/94dd8abb-42eb-42c6-a8cf-94542b5b7e7f
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...