Windows 10: Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game

Discus and support Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happened to me some time ago but I forgot how to fix it: The Witcher 3 PC game recently installed new DLC. I know that PC games disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Jul 3, 2016.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game

This happened to me some time ago but I forgot how to fix it:

The Witcher 3 PC game recently installed new DLC. I know that PC games disable the screen saver/display power off options upon starting so they don't interfere with the game. However, they are supposed to restore those functions when you quit the game.

In this instance, The Witcher 3 does not restore the functions. Not matter how many times I manually try to reset my options, they don't work until I manually reboot the PC.

I thought there were registry tweaks I could perform to change back to my original options but I forgot where they were. I have a ticket open to the game maker, but I would like to manually reset things until they issue a patch (if they ever do).

Anybody remember how to do this?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Jul 3, 2016
  2. NGeri Win User

Monitor doesn't turn off, screensaver doesn't work either

For about a week now, I realized that my monitor won't turn off automatically when I leave the PC idle after the set 10 minutes. I tried to set the screensaver, but It's not working either. I tried everything in the power management section, according to
    the settings it should work, beacuse it did before and I haven't changed anything. All drivers are up to date.

Windows 10 Pro build 16299

i5 4590

MSI H97 Gaming 3

16Gb Corsair

MSI GTX 1080 8GB Driver 391.35

If you know what's causing this, please help.

NGeri, Jul 3, 2016
  3. xaxaxas Win User
    Nokia N73 - scrensaver problem

I just bought a Nokia N73 Phone, but when i installed a new screensaver a found a problem: When i make the settings so that the new screensaver appears and i leave the phone, so that the new screensaver appears it appears, but when i unlock the keyboard
    and lock it again, the N73 original screensaver appears and the other ss doesnt. it appears if i turn off the phone and turn it on again & then the whole thing starts again. So i`m asking whats the problem and whats the solution.

xaxaxas, Jul 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 3, 2016
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    Thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

rzn6jw, Jul 3, 2016
  6. rzn6jw Win User
    Sorry for the delay - had some minor surgery.

Tried your suggestion and it worked. Thanks!!!

rzn6jw, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it'll work for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game - Similar Threads - Screensaver turned off

2. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  3. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  4. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  5. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  8. Turning off screensaver for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off screensaver for specific program: I play Anno 1800 and when i leave my computer for a while my screensaver turns on and that causes my game to crash. Is there any way to turn off screensaver only when i play that game or do i have to turn it off completely and when i finish playing turn it on again?...
  9. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...
  10. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...