Windows 10: Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login

Discus and support Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, recently I have encountered the following problem: when I tried to enter the password to login, the screensaver would appear out of nowhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chris83563, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login

Hello, recently I have encountered the following problem: when I tried to enter the password to login, the screensaver would appear out of nowhere. When I terminated the screensaver it goes back to the lock screen again, stopping me from login. The loop does not end unless you type your password fast enough to login.In the past I have a few~10ish seconds to type before the screensaver appears. But somehow since yesterday it appears within half a second, leaving me great trouble logging in. What should I do? Changing the lock screen background does not help; and "on resume display logon screen"

:)

Chris83563, Jul 2, 2021

2. How to turn screensaver on immediately?

I am looking for a way to turn my screensaver on immediately, or turn off the screen, either when I lock the screen (WIN-L) or by clicking on something on the desktop.

I have located MonitorES as a possible solution, but it appears to be somewhat out of date and I am concerned it does not support Windows 10 particularly well as it hasn't been updated in some time. It also does not support my media player of choice (SMPlayer).

Any ideas/suggestions on how to do this via a Windows setting/shortcut or some other way?

Charles Goodwin, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 2, 2021
  4. rmanasa Win User

Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login

1. Screensaver turning on immediately on lock screen stopping me from login - Similar Threads - Screensaver turning immediately

2. Unable to login from windows lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login from windows lock screen: Hello! I need help logging in to my windows desktop computer. My password is no longer working, but I never changed it. When I select “reset password” from the lock screen, I am unable to get past the wizard as I don’t have a password reset disk. There are no options to allow...
  3. Unable to login from windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login from windows lock screen: Hello! I need help logging in to my windows desktop computer. My password is no longer working, but I never changed it. When I select “reset password” from the lock screen, I am unable to get past the wizard as I don’t have a password reset disk. There are no options to allow...
  4. Unable to login from windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn of from lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn of from lock screen: [IMG]When i want to turn off system from lockscreen i didn’t log in to any user this option always bother me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-of-from-lock-screen/a95ad40c-6c37-47ab-9166-1376adf5b236
  6. Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to immediately lock the screen after the screen goes off? Screensaver...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq7hm3/is_there_a_way_to_immediately_lock_the_screen/
  7. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  8. Video screensaver/lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...
  9. Immediate blue screen every login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Immediate blue screen every login: I just bought this new computer two days ago, and now every time I login I immediately get a blue screen and error code ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY. The computer is an ASUS FX503VD and it's running Windows 10....
  10. Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.: When I try to lock it, it sometimes forces me to the login screen rather than the lock screen. There is a delay before it forces me back. First before posting: I made sure it is able to go to lock after sleep. 43720