Windows 10: Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10

Discus and support Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My windows 10 desktop PC has recently last couple of weeks begun starting the screensaver with any keypress. The mouse brings it out of the screensaver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mikkieg, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Mikkieg Win User

Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10

My windows 10 desktop PC has recently last couple of weeks begun starting the screensaver with any keypress. The mouse brings it out of the screensaver and provided the keyboard is not touched everything works as expected. Pressing any key, eg. when trying to login, starts the screensaver.

:)

Mikkieg, Mar 17, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10 :)

terrace, Mar 17, 2021
  3. screensaver versus no screensaver

Windows 7. The 'My Pictures ever-changing-wallpaper' thingy.
    No screensaver, I've just set the picture to change every 10 seconds and turn it off when I'm playing gameys (hardly ever)

scaminatrix, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10

screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10

1. Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screensaver turns keypress

2. Windows 10 screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screensaver: When I installed Windows 10 it came with a screen saver that randomly went through all of my photos. Most screens were single photos, some were multiple photos.For reasons that are a mystery to me, the screen saver no longer works.I have looked through 'settings' but with my...
  3. Windows 10 screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screensaver: When I installed Windows 10 it came with a screen saver that randomly went through all of my photos. Most screens were single photos, some were multiple photos.For reasons that are a mystery to me, the screen saver no longer works.I have looked through 'settings' but with my...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  5. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  6. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need the screensaver to turn on and stay on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need the screensaver to turn on and stay on: I can turn the screensaver on, but it turns off for some reason. Somebody suggested putting the monitor on a timer, but I would like to fix the screensaver. 181462
  8. Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?: When I want to watch a movie... What I do now: 1, Double-click on the movie, 2, Drag the player to Display 2 an HDMI-connected TV, and 3, Press a key to switch the player to full-screen mode. Preferred: A single keystroke to move the player or any window that has focus...
  9. windows 10 screensavers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 screensavers: When I boot my computer, what I call a default screensaver, appears then the login. These are the random scenery screens. These were automatically loaded when windows 10 was installed on my machine. Is there a way to remove these from loading?...
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053