Windows 10: Screensaver Will Not Even Preview

Discus and support Screensaver Will Not Even Preview in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just built a new WIN 10 Desktop computer and WIN 10 (newly purchased copy) is up to date. I have power-on options set at always-on (no sleep or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by poolmon, Jul 25, 2018.

1. poolmon Win User

Screensaver Will Not Even Preview

Just built a new WIN 10 Desktop computer and WIN 10 (newly purchased copy) is up to date. I have power-on options set at always-on (no sleep or hibernate). I went to set the built-in WIN screen saver and when I hit the Preview button all I get is a black screen and the wait/hourglass circulating icon. When I press escape key I get a message that the computer needs to report the issue to Microsoft which I do.

Anybody have a fix for this as the screensaver will not even Preview let alone work after the set time.

:)

poolmon, Jul 25, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver Will Not Even Preview :)

terrace, Jul 25, 2018
  3. screensavers only work on preview.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Is your computer activated?

If you try to change the screensavers in Windows 10, Under preview, you will see an option which says choose your picture. Once you select the picture, it should change the screensavers.

You also mentioned about sound card drivers, sometimes you might not see latest drivers available for Windows 10. You need to use the old drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works fine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The above mentioned steps are also applicable to Windows 10.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Jul 25, 2018
  4. James79 Win User

Screensaver issue...

I'm having a serious issue with my screensaver. Anytime I step away from my laptop...within a minute or so it will go directly into screensaver mode. This is with the screensaver disabled. How do I fix this problem...it's driving me nuts.

James79, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Screensaver Will Not Even Preview - Similar Threads - Screensaver Preview

2. My fire screensaver from Laconic will only work in preview in either windows 10 and 11 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fire screensaver from Laconic will only work in preview in either windows 10 and 11 and...: no error message. however on windows 10 and 11 my Laconic fire screensaver will only work in preview. ive used several different computers 4 not including my primary two computers both win 10 and 11 operating systems x86 and x64 for a total of 6 different computers half x86...
  3. My fire screensaver from Laconic will only work in preview in either windows 10 and 11 and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fire screensaver from Laconic will only work in preview in either windows 10 and 11 and...: no error message. however on windows 10 and 11 my Laconic fire screensaver will only work in preview. ive used several different computers 4 not including my primary two computers both win 10 and 11 operating systems x86 and x64 for a total of 6 different computers half x86...
  4. My fire screensaver from Laconic will only work in preview in either windows 10 and 11 and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screensaver shows as a black screen when using the Preview option, Shows correctly when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver shows as a black screen when using the Preview option, Shows correctly when...: So i'm deploying a Screensaver for our company via GPO on the domain controller, when click test on the screensaver in file explorer, it works completely fine. When I click install, and then preview it, the screensaver is just a black screen.When i deploy it via GPO and check...
  6. Screensaver shows as a black screen when using the Preview option, Shows correctly when...

Screensaver shows as a black screen when using the Preview option, Shows correctly when...: So i'm deploying a Screensaver for our company via GPO on the domain controller, when click test on the screensaver in file explorer, it works completely fine. When I click install, and then preview it, the screensaver is just a black screen.When i deploy it via GPO and check...
  7. Screensaver shows as a black screen when using the Preview option, Shows correctly when...

8. Windows 10 Screensaver not working - only in Preview

Windows 10 Screensaver not working - only in Preview: Good evening, Community:None of the standard tweaks in screensaver settings has fixed my non-functioning screensaver. I can start the screensaver program manually when I click Preview. None of the following instructions helped:Go to Settings > Personalization.Click on Lock...
  9. Windows 10 Screensaver not working - only in Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screensaver not working - only in Preview: Good evening, Community:None of the standard tweaks in screensaver settings has fixed my non-functioning screensaver. I can start the screensaver program manually when I click Preview. None of the following instructions helped:Go to Settings > Personalization.Click on Lock...
  10. Windows 10 Screensaver not working - only in Preview