Windows 10: Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

Discus and support Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve recently built a PC and it’s running the latest version of Windows 10. Everything was working great for the last month and then a couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/classicelectronics, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

I’ve recently built a PC and it’s running the latest version of Windows 10. Everything was working great for the last month and then a couple of days ago I noticed the screensaver wasn’t starting and the monitors wouldn’t go to sleep later, and to top it off the system wouldn’t sleep either. If I sleep the monitors or system manually it works fine.

I have two monitors connected to the system. One is using display port and one is using HDMI. I noticed just before this that the monitors were not extending the desktop. If I went to display settings and chose “extend display” nothing would happen. Eventually I started using Windows+P to extend the display and then switch back whenever I’d start a game that didn’t support multiple displays.

Now what happens is if I have the displays extended that display 1 (the one using display port) will follow the power rules, but the screensaver won’t start. Display 2 doesn’t do anything except blank the screen even if a screensaver is chosen.

Display 2 is set as primary. Display 1 is set as secondary. Both monitors are the same. I’ve tried resetting power settings and all the general stuff you find with Google.

Can anyone suggest anything?

submitted by /u/classicelectronics
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/classicelectronics, Nov 28, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 28, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

1. Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep - Similar Threads - Screensaver won’t start

2. pc won’t shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc won’t shutdown or sleep: Before putting my PC to sleep last night I noticed the little yellow dot next to shutdown indicating I had some sort of update. I ignored it and put my PC to sleep before going to bed. While laying down I noticed my PC’s desktop turned back on, on its own. Now my PC will not...
  3. pc won’t shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc won’t shutdown or sleep: Before putting my PC to sleep last night I noticed the little yellow dot next to shutdown indicating I had some sort of update. I ignored it and put my PC to sleep before going to bed. While laying down I noticed my PC’s desktop turned back on, on its own. Now my PC will not...
  4. pc won’t shutdown or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won’t sleep properly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won’t sleep properly.: My laptop will not sleep properly. When attempting to put it in rest mode it stays on, but the display is off and I can’t use it at all unless fully powering it off and turning it back on. I have an Acer Aspire 15. Sometimes my laptop sleeps properly, but most of the time the...
  6. Computer won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t go to sleep: Something in the system isn’t letting my computer go to sleep and I’ve tried everything, I’m open to tip because I have it set to 5 minutes until it should go to sleep but it will stay on all day. submitted by /u/SilverPhantom66 [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer won’t go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer won’t go to sleep!: My Windows 10 desktop is set to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity in the power settings, but it rarely goes to sleep even if I haven’t used it for much greater than two hours. Not a major issue but I would like to know why. Nothing else is apparently running that...
  8. Monitor Won’t Sleep after Locking Windows

Monitor Won’t Sleep after Locking Windows: Recently after updating Windows 10 my monitor will no longer go to sleep after locking windows... you know, when you press the “windows key” and the L key at the same time. The monitor is supposed to go to sleep like a minute after locking windows, and it used to do this all...
  9. Pc Montiors won’t sleep

Pc Montiors won’t sleep: Hi, hoping someone on here may help me as I have no idea how to fix it My monitors won’t go to sleep at all even though I have it selected to go to sleep after 1min.. any thoughts would be amazing! submitted by /u/muffin_man06 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC won’t go into sleep.

PC won’t go into sleep.: I’ve had my desktop for a few months now and it’s never had this problem. Whenever I want to put the PC into sleep mode, I click the Windows button, then power, then sleep. Usually the monitor will go black followed by the mouse and keyboard lights turning off. The fans will...