Screensaver won't start

Discus and support Screensaver won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For whatever reason my screensaver stopped working recently. I have it set to display photos but when the time I've set it to (30 mins) runs out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WebMaximus Win User

Screensaver won't start

For whatever reason my screensaver stopped working recently.

I have it set to display photos but when the time I've set it to (30 mins) runs out nothing happens.

I did some Google searching and quite a number of people with similar issues seemed to get different kind of error messages such as 'Screensaver x could not be started' or things like that. In my case nothing happens, the screensaver doens't start and I don't get any error messages nor any other kind of indications what's wrong.

I've tried adjusting the time, checking and un-checking the option to show the lock screen, picking a different screen saver but all to no avail...problem persists.

I've also tried running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow but they both finished successfully with no issues found. I've also searched for new Windows updates but it says I'm already up to date.

I'm on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.81]

Any tips how to get my screensaver working again highly appreciated!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 10, 2018
  2. CahangirTahirov Win User

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jun 11, 2018
  3. tabuf Win User
    N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Screensaver won't start

1. Screensaver won't start - Similar Threads - Screensaver won't start

2. Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again: Hi, Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again. He gave me a camera view of the back of it and the power source light was still on, but again, he couldn't turn the physical PC on...
  3. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  4. Starting computer for first time

Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  5. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  6. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...
  7. Windows 10 update won't restart

Windows 10 update won't restart: Windows 10 update now will not boot, recovery does not allow keyboard layout selection, USB keyboard now disabled Exact same results - 2 identical desktops...
  8. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  9. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  10. start up

start up: what should be attached to start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/start-up/6b13c11d-87b4-428f-b1df-09220f797a5a