Windows 10: Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

Discus and support Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I download screensavers from newfreescreensavers.com My McAfee security says the site is safe. They will stay on my screensavers program until I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taylor Hardy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

I download screensavers from newfreescreensavers.com My McAfee security says the site is safe. They will stay on my screensavers program until I got back into the program. If leave it alone it runs the downloaded screensaver. The screensavers go into my control panel, but when I try to delete them it says that they are already deleted. I let McAfee support go onto my computer remotely and they said it is not them. I am running Windows Insider Builds and I have left several feedbacks for them and gotten no response. If it is my Insider Build I am going to quit it. But I want to make sure. I ride downloading with Edge, Chrome, and Explorer and it does the same thing.

:)

Taylor Hardy, Dec 7, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. :)

terrace, Dec 7, 2018
  3. accessing specific websites

Thank you for your response. To clear the cache and cookies for your Internet Explorer you may follow the steps in this link:

Delete and manage cookies.
    For you to delete the browsing history in your Internet Explorer you may access this link:

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer.

Here are the steps on how you can clear the cache and cookies in Edge:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, go to More Three-dot More icon> Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
    • Select the Cookies and saved website data check box and select Clear.
    To help you delete the browsing history for Edge you can click this link:
    View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge.

Please post back if the issue has been resolved for us to provide you more troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 7, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

1. Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. - Similar Threads - Screensavers being deleted

2. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed: There have been several sets of Windows Updates lately that are causing issues with the functionality of some point of sales software that I provide support for, this software is called Micros RES 3700. I will spare you the specifics, in short, these updates are making...
  3. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed: There have been several sets of Windows Updates lately that are causing issues with the functionality of some point of sales software that I provide support for, this software is called Micros RES 3700. I will spare you the specifics, in short, these updates are making...
  4. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  7. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  8. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  9. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder: ive been trying to play roblox open downloaded files from https://wearedevs.net/exploits but it automatically delets when i open it any help?...