Windows 10: Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

Discus and support Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I download screensavers from newfreescreensavers.com My McAfee security says the site is safe. They will stay on my screensavers program until I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taylor Hardy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

I download screensavers from newfreescreensavers.com My McAfee security says the site is safe. They will stay on my screensavers program until I got back into the program. If leave it alone it runs the downloaded screensaver. The screensavers go into my control panel, but when I try to delete them it says that they are already deleted. I let McAfee support go onto my computer remotely and they said it is not them. I am running Windows Insider Builds and I have left several feedbacks for them and gotten no response. If it is my Insider Build I am going to quit it. But I want to make sure. I ride downloading with Edge, Chrome, and Explorer and it does the same thing.

:)

Taylor Hardy, Dec 7, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. :)

terrace, Dec 7, 2018
  3. accessing specific websites

Thank you for your response. To clear the cache and cookies for your Internet Explorer you may follow the steps in this link:

Delete and manage cookies.
    For you to delete the browsing history in your Internet Explorer you may access this link:

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer.

Here are the steps on how you can clear the cache and cookies in Edge:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, go to More Three-dot More icon> Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
    • Select the Cookies and saved website data check box and select Clear.
    To help you delete the browsing history for Edge you can click this link:
    View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge.

Please post back if the issue has been resolved for us to provide you more troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 7, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

1. Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website. - Similar Threads - Screensavers being deleted

2. Issue with downloading files from some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with downloading files from some websites: I recently purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home (version 1803, OS Build 17134.441). I am able to download various programs (ie Malwarebytes and Chrome) with no problem, however when I try to download from some others like MyPowerChurch ( I can't recall the other...
  3. Cannot connect to a specific website when connected to my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to a specific website when connected to my home network: I have attempted to access a specific website - my work's webmail - from my home network, Frontier, and have never been able to access. Whether it's via the wired connection on my desktop, to wifi connected to my notebook or iPhone. When I disconnect from the wifi on my...
  4. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...
  5. Not being able to delete.

in Browsers and Email
    Not being able to delete.: Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I have two questions. 1. I an not able to delete some junk emails. Some junk mail delete and some don't, and those that don't delete are accompanied with an error message "An unknown error has occurred." I have quite a collection of...
  6. Passwords not being deleted.

in Browsers and Email
    Passwords not being deleted.: Since the Fall Creators Update my passwords are not being deleted when I delete Browsing History with all boxes ticked except Tracking Protection. I am using IE 11. Any thoughts please? Even the password for this forum was retained. 97362
  7. Where are the Updates stored when they're being downloaded?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where are the Updates stored when they're being downloaded?: Man... I'm exhausted on searching about where are the windows updates are placed when they're downloaded? 1) I know they aren't in %temp% or %appdata%. 2) I know they vanishes after being installed. --> I want to know where are they being prison-ed whey they're being...
  8. Not Printing with Win10 download from websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Printing with Win10 download from websites: Hello, I downloaded windows 10 but now my printer is not printing from different websites or from my email accounts. I have a Canon MX700 series. It will print only things that I have in Microsoft word but not from any site online. I also get the error message...Awww Snap...
  9. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...
  10. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...