Windows 10: Screenshot folder missing/deleted

Discus and support Screenshot folder missing/deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, After building my own PC, It appears I accidentally deleted the windows default screenshot folder - or it was never there. I have made another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LozzaLakat, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Screenshot folder missing/deleted

Hi,

After building my own PC, It appears I accidentally deleted the windows default screenshot folder - or it was never there.

I have made another folder called screenshots with full permissions but whenever taking a screenshot using the default Win + PRINT SCREEN, they save to the HDD underneath all of my folders.

After taking the screenshots I have to manually move them back to my designated screen shot folder, I have read countless forums about issues like this but not this exact one. It seems as simple as assigning screenshots to save into my specific folder, but there's no setting for that.

This issue started around a year ago. Now it's starting to get on my nerves so I though I'd try fix it. Out of my own judgement I have considered moving all applications and data over the hard drive and formatting the SSD to re-install windows on a USB. Would this be a viable option?

My other default folders like "Saved Pictures" work fine and save as they should. As an example, the screenshots save as a "Screenshot 59 PNG File" UNDERNEATH all of my organised files in the Hard Drive, not in any kind of folder.

Any help would be appreciated

Lawrence.

:)

LozzaLakat, Sep 14, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Screenshot folder missing/deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Screenshot folder missing/deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Screenshot folder missing/deleted

Deleted screenshots folder in Win10

I accidentally deleted the folder where Win+PrintScreen screenshots are saved by default. What exactly do I have to edit in the registry to restore this? No suggestions that might not work, only proven methods that have worked please, don't waste my time
    with methods that might not even be worth the effort because they might not work.

danielw2081, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Screenshot folder missing/deleted

1. Screenshot folder missing/deleted - Similar Threads - Screenshot folder missing

2. Deleted Screenshot Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Screenshot Folder: Hello, recently I deleted the screenshots folder by mistake. I am unable to get it back... Also, not sure where screenshots are being saved curently, please let me know the solution to fix it....
  3. Deleted Screenshot Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Screenshot Folder: Hello, recently I deleted the screenshots folder by mistake. I am unable to get it back... Also, not sure where screenshots are being saved curently, please let me know the solution to fix it....
  4. Screenshots folder missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots folder missing: For SurfacePro4 screenshots folder is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshots-folder-missing/707932fc-fc99-415e-aa44-8f370a97179f
  5. Screenshots folder missing

Screenshots folder missing: For SurfacePro4 screenshots folder is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshots-folder-missing/707932fc-fc99-415e-aa44-8f370a97179f
  6. Screenshots folder missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Missing Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Screenshots folder: I do not have a screenshots folder when i open my pictures folder. Is there a way to restore the default screenshots folder where it should be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-screenshots-folder/4688bc5b-2d4b-4cb1-992e-8e0b54235e6d
  8. Missing Screenshots folder

Missing Screenshots folder: I do not have a screenshots folder when i open my pictures folder. Is there a way to restore the default screenshots folder where it should be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-screenshots-folder/4688bc5b-2d4b-4cb1-992e-8e0b54235e6d
  9. Missing Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Screenshots folder missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots folder missing: Understand the "default" location of where screenshots are to go is: C:\Users\your_name\Pictures\Screenshots There is no folder at that location. I do not recall ever having removed or moved this folder or any reason to have done so. When taking a screenshot is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my screenshots folder has disappeared windows 10