Windows 10: Screenshot not found even after registry

Discus and support Screenshot not found even after registry in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey can someone please help me.So I got help from here that in order to find the screenshots that are not appearing in the pictures folder, I had to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HiamLyngdoh, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Screenshot not found even after registry

Hey can someone please help me.So I got help from here that in order to find the screenshots that are not appearing in the pictures folder, I had to go into registry and type "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"Then I had to screenshot that and search for it but when I searched for it , I couldn't find it.Can someone Please help me

:)

HiamLyngdoh, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Taking screenshot at windows 10

We found some steps to resolve this issue, in which, we need to edit few things on the registry. Kindly follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type Regedt32.exe and click
      OK.
    • Navigate to the location listed below:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • In the right side, look for ScreenshotIndex, with the key type
      DWORD (REG_DWORD). If you do not see this item on this location, then this is the reason why your screenshot is not being saved under Screenshot Folders. With this being said, you need to create a new registry key. Follow the steps provided
      below:
      • Do a right-click > New > DWORD Value. Make sure to name it as ScreenshotIndex.
      • Double-click on the newly made registry key and edit the values as follows:
        • Base - Decimal
        • Value data - 695
      • Click OK.
    • Now we need to make sure that this newly created registry key DWORD is pointed out to your user profile settings. We need to move to a different location in the left side. Kindly navigate to the location provided below in the left panel:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On this location, look for the item named {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} with the key type
      expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). If you don't see it, you can create a new key, same as the process we have created with ScreenshotIndex. Just make sure that you select expandable string.
    • Double-click on the registry key, make sure that the Value data is in the correct user path. Check the example below:
      • %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots
    • Click OK.

After doing the steps provided, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. After restarting your computer, you can start doing a screenshot and it should be saved to the folder you have set in the registry keys. If they are already in there,
    then this means that the issue is resolved.

Please note that the steps that I have listed on this response was made from one of the 3rd party articles created by one of our renowned Community MVPs named

Kapil Arya MVP

Please let us know if this solution works for you.

Nick Dich, Jul 24, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Screenshot not found even after registry

Screenshots of the Registry keys and shell:downloads

Ken / Cindi,

1 I think your first step should be to post screenshots of the Registry keys
    Code:
    and
    Code:
    so that the situation can be seen clearly.

Run RegEdit, then [one by one] paste in each the keys I have identified in the RegEdit address bar
    - Drag the column dividers around so the whole of each entry can be seen
    - Take a screenshot then trim it up or just take a Snipping tool pictureTake a screenshot - TenForumsTutorials
    Take a screen snip with Snip and Sketch - TenForumsTutorials
    A basic guide to using the Snipping tool - TenForums
    - Post the diagrams hereHow to upload and post screenshots and files - TenForumsTutorials
    How to remove a screenshot or image from a TenForums post - TenForumsTutorials

2 And paste this onto a File explorer address bar and tell us where it takes you
    Code:
    Denis

Thema:

Screenshot not found even after registry

1. Screenshot not found even after registry - Similar Threads - Screenshot found registry

2. EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry: So I wanted to enable readyboost on my laptop but it says that my laptop is already fast enough and all of the ways to enable readyboost forcefully include a folder in the registry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\EMDMgmt' but the EMDMgmt is...
  3. EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry: So I wanted to enable readyboost on my laptop but it says that my laptop is already fast enough and all of the ways to enable readyboost forcefully include a folder in the registry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\EMDMgmt' but the EMDMgmt is...
  4. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry: I was working with the system registry, trying to solve a problem by deleting a particular file, however the problem persisted so when i checked the registry again, the file was still in place after its deletion. I deleted it again but the problem still continued even after...
  5. Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore: @DaveM121 please help me , I've done the registry thing "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"But nothing is working.Please help me , I have a project that I need to work on and without the screenshots not working ,it is very...
  6. Screenshot Not Found!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Not Found!: Today I updated my windows 10 to its latest version i.e. 2004. And when m taking screenshots (Win+prt sc), Seeing the screen it definitely takes the screenshot but when I go to pictures/Screenshots the screenshots which I took after updating the windows r not present, I don't...
  7. SCREENSHOTS NOT FOUND!

SCREENSHOTS NOT FOUND!: Today I updated my windows 10 to its latest version i.e. 2004. And when m taking screenshots (Win+prt sc), Seeing the screen it definitely takes the screenshot but when I go to pictures/Screenshots the screenshots which I took after updating the windows r not present, I don't...
  8. Screenshots not working, even after driver updates

Screenshots not working, even after driver updates: I tried using ptr scrn and windows button + prt scrn button. Nothing works. And when it does say screen shot taken the screen shot is from minutes before I took the actual screenshot ?? Trying to screenshot in game. submitted by /u/Esko99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Strange accounts found in registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange accounts found in registry: Hello, Recently my virus scanner (Malwarebytes) discovered a registry key that seemed to be associated with a virus that I thought I had gotten rid of a while ago. After doing some digging around in the regsitry editor I found some user keys in HKU that were similar to the...
  10. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734