Windows 10: screenshot not saving

Discus and support screenshot not saving in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raven-perlas, Jan 26, 2021.

1. screenshot not saving

When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that?

submitted by /u/raven-perlas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raven-perlas, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jan 26, 2021
  4. screenshot not saving

JPG screenshots

Hi George,

You can actually save a screenshot directly as a .JPEG file in the Snipping tool, kindly refer to these steps:

• Press File.
    • Select Save As....
    • Choose a File name.
    • In Save as type select the drop-down.
    • Choose JPEG file.
    • Hit Save.

Update us on the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

screenshot not saving

1. screenshot not saving - Similar Threads - screenshot saving

2. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  3. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  4. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  5. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  6. insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot

insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot: Howdee all. I'm doing a bunch of screenshots using the windows 11 screenshot tool. I'm then taking those screenshots, saving them as png files, and then inserting them into adobe acrobat pdf files I have acrobat pro. Is there a way to insert the images directly from the...
  7. insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot: Howdee all. I'm doing a bunch of screenshots using the windows 11 screenshot tool. I'm then taking those screenshots, saving them as png files, and then inserting them into adobe acrobat pdf files I have acrobat pro. Is there a way to insert the images directly from the...
  8. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  9. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  10. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...