Windows 10: Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application

Discus and support Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have dual monitors and when I take screenshots I use the Win+Alt+PrntScrn shortcut. However, I’ve been trying to add my own shortcut to something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NewToThis___, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application

I have dual monitors and when I take screenshots I use the Win+Alt+PrntScrn shortcut. However, I’ve been trying to add my own shortcut to something I can do faster like Alt+3 but it doesn’t seem to work on anything I have open unless it’s the settings page.

I have also tried different combinations but nothing works. Everything only screenshots my settings page. If I go to google chrome or even just my desktop the only shortcut that works is Win+Alt+PrntScrn.

I know this goes through the Microsoft game bar but I just can’t seem to be able to figure how to make my own shortcut work for literally anything other than the settings.

submitted by /u/NewToThis___
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NewToThis___, Oct 11, 2020

2. "Settings" shortcut no longer launches the application.

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your Settings shortcut. So that we can assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Settings shortcut are you pertaining to? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the shortcut that you mentioned.
    • When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Oct 11, 2020
  3. E5-00: How to set an installed application as an 'Application Shortcut'?

How do I set an installed application as a 'Application shortcut'? (Application shortcuts are applications with icons selectable on the phone's standby mode AKA the phone's home screen. The defaults are Maps, Camera, Facebook, etc. - but these are changeable).

I have installed Opera Mini, Opera Mobile and Skype for my Nokia E5. I can run and use these applications fine, but when I try to select them in 'Menu > Ctrl Panel > Settings > General > Personalisation > Standby Mode > Mode Settings > Application Shortcuts',
    Opera Mobile/Mini and Skype are not listed there.

In my previous Nokia phone (E65), installed applications are automatically listed in its equivalent menu, so I can easily set Opera Mini to appear there. Does anyone how to set Opera Mini/Mobile, Skype and other installed applications to be an Application shortcut
    in the Nokia E5?

freakish---01, Oct 11, 2020
  4. MarSev Win User

Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application

create application shortcut

trying to create desktop shortcut to a folder in the application list and have all applications work

MarSev, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application

1. Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application - Similar Threads - Screenshot shortcut works

2. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  3. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  4. Screenshot shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot shortcuts not working: Windows + Print Screen and Windows + Shift + S were working until when I tripped and put my hands on my keyboard to prevent me from falling but I ended up opening a bunch of apps and my screenshot buttons don't work anymore.Windows + Print Screen = Screenshot the entire...
  5. Screenshot shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot shortcuts not working: Windows + Print Screen and Windows + Shift + S were working until when I tripped and put my hands on my keyboard to prevent me from falling but I ended up opening a bunch of apps and my screenshot buttons don't work anymore.Windows + Print Screen = Screenshot the entire...
  6. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  7. screenshot using shortcut not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screenshot using shortcut not working: neitherwin+shift+s nor prt sc what to do . My windows is up to date with latest features still facing the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshot-using-shortcut-not-working/06d38664-8322-4ece-bcab-25a5aac2c3b8
  8. win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?: title, not that computer savvy so i was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. tried resetting snip and sketch in apps and feature because an online page said to do that but it isn't working submitted by /u/Abstractings [link] [comments]...
  9. Shortcut parameters to set height and width of a widowed application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut parameters to set height and width of a widowed application: Is there any parameter I can add to the Target field of an application shortcut so it launches in a specific width x height? Or can you somehow make a .bat file that does that? submitted by /u/Lootcifer-RT [link] [comments]...
  10. OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly: I had a problem because my files, recently, does not sync automatically in OneDrive. Because, i had other problems, too, i formatted my PC and re-installed everything from scratch. But this problem with autosave and sync files keeps on. I have found out that mo matter how...