Windows 10: Screenshot storage location

Discus and support Screenshot storage location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please, help! I have had this issue since my last renewal of Office 365. So regretful! With this latest renewal, I cannot find my screenshots.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dawn_Becker, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Screenshot storage location

Please, help! I have had this issue since my last renewal of Office 365. So regretful!

With this latest renewal, I cannot find my screenshots. They are no longer in my screenshots folder under pictures under THIS PC. And they no longer name themselves by date.

I have to take several screenshots a day for my work. OMG! What a pain since I renewed my Office 365. They go to another location and they are not dated. It just says screenshot (1), for example.

So, I now have to do a search for the word screenshot, right click to open file location, and rename it before submitting it to the head office. What used to take a second now takes all day.

It seems that when I renewed Office 365 somehow it/I created a personal directory for me (my name), which is not found in the left-hand pane when opening the file folder on the taskbar.

So, I either need to find out how to delete this personal folder and have everything go back to saving under THIS PC. Or, find out how to show my personal directory in that left-hand pane.

Thanks!

:)

Dawn_Becker, Apr 9, 2019

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Ryan_2018 Win User
    Restore Screenshot Locations

On Windows 10, in the past, I right-clicked This PC>Pictures>ScreenShots>Properties and changed the screenshot location to an Apple Time Capsule.

Now, I no longer use the Apple product. I've upgraded to Synology. Therefore, I can't right-click the folder and change the location back to my laptop.

How can I change the screen shot storage location back to default, as when I press the windows key and print screen I can't access the screen shots.

Thanks

Ryan_2018, Apr 9, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Screenshot storage location

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Screenshot storage location

1. Screenshot storage location - Similar Threads - Screenshot storage location

2. Storage location problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location problems: Hi. I recently got a memory card and moved everything to it. Ever since I changed my apps location I've been facing problems. Whenever I create new files on vscode I get an error message that it can't be saved,same when I try to delete it. Also I am unable to uninstall vscode...
  3. Storage location problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage location problems: Hi. I recently got a memory card and moved everything to it. Ever since I changed my apps location I've been facing problems. Whenever I create new files on vscode I get an error message that it can't be saved,same when I try to delete it. Also I am unable to uninstall vscode...
  4. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  5. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  6. Location of screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of screenshots folder: I moved my screenshots shortcut from Directly Local Drive without Create a specific folder for it. Now when I use shortcut Win+PrtSysRq to click to save screenshots it get directly save into drive and get mixed with other files. Now I want change the location of screenshot...
  7. Update Storage Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Storage Location: How do I change the save location for updates? I can't update because the hard disc is full, yet I have a 1TB hard drive almost entirely free of space. Any help is appreciated....
  8. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  9. Cannot locate screenshots

Cannot locate screenshots: Windows 10 Home I've taken hundreds of screenshots successfully. Suddenly either they are not going to my "clipboard" (they won't paste into any imaging program) or they are going to some folder that I cannot find. There is no "screenshots" folder in the Pictures folder...
  10. OneDrive storage location.

OneDrive storage location.: Hey guys, I'm needing a bit of help here. I have done a clean install of windows 10 Pro on a new SSD ( C Drive ) and using a HDD ( D Drive ) for storage. I have linked my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders to D:\ Drive. Now that I have setup OneDrive, how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screenshot storage location