Windows 10: Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

Discus and support Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Pressing Winkey+Shift+S for screenshot used to work until recently that it broke I think after I updated Windows 10 to 20H2. When pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alpha Centauri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

Hi!

Pressing Winkey+Shift+S for screenshot used to work until recently that it broke I think after I updated Windows 10 to 20H2.

When pressing Winkey+Shift+S, the grey screenshot mode with 4 icons on top to select area appears but then immediately disappears after a second, leaving only a yellow border around my screen that lasts for like a minute.

From time to time, and completely randomly, it works okay though and I can get a screenshot to the clipboard, but the screenshot notification from Snip & Sketch doesn't appear, so I can't edit the screenshot.

I realized if I uninstall Snip & Sketch, this issue gets solved and I get take select portions of my screen and take screenshots. However, I won't have direct possibility to edit the screenshot afterwards. If I install again, the problem raises again.

Anyone has any ideas what to tweak?

:)

Alpha Centauri, Jan 11, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

Amended above...

Note- this is one way to use Snip and Sketch to capture transient info that disappears if you click elsewhere on the screen. E.g. Tooltips, jump lists, start screen..

You may prefer this:

Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed [​IMG]

- which achieves the same without any notification.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jan 11, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

I get an Acton Centre notification. I would guess you have the relevant notification turned off. One click on that notification opens Snip and Sketch again with the clip shown.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

1. Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed - Similar Threads - Screenshot Winkey Shift

2. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  6. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...
  7. Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor: I've been a long-time user of the snipping tool and recently it started informing me that soon it will go away and it offers me a link to try snip & sketch. When I follow that link inside the old snipping tool, all is good (as it is if I follow the shortcut on the start...
  8. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s: The "screenshots" folder is missing from the pictures folder, screenshots do not appear in quick access and the registry is missing. Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer - Screenshot index is missing and {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from usershell...
  9. Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...: Hello everyone! I am having this annoying issue lately, and I feel like I'm the only one. When using the said shortcut to capture a region of the screen, Windows Snip & Sketch just hangs for a moment, but there is no confirmation that the screenshot was taken. Application...
  10. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot