Windows 10: Screenshots and screenshot folder

Discus and support Screenshots and screenshot folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pat190, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Pat190 Win User

Screenshots and screenshot folder

HI

I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?

:)

Pat190, Apr 6, 2021

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Screenshots and screenshot folder

Cannot locate screenshots

Thank you for the suggestions.

I followed instructions in https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

but the screenshot that I took was not listed where is was supposed to be (in Recents).

The recommended link https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

tells me to click on the screenshots folder, but as you know I don't have that folder.

NOTE:

When I click the Windows key plus PrntScr, the screen does NOT dim. Instead, the "Start" menu appears.

So I think that that key combination is not saving the screenshot at all, anywhere. That would explain why there is nothing on the clipboard.

Do you have any suggestions for verifying that the Windows key plus PrntScr is taking the screenshot?

WilliamJSlade, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Screenshots and screenshot folder

1. Screenshots and screenshot folder - Similar Threads - Screenshots screenshot folder

2. Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder: I had onedrive installed on my laptop previously, but it wasn't signed in or set up, I also disabled the auto start on startup for onedrive since I don't use it and won't like to get my files backed up, but I noticed one thing, for some reason, my "Documents", "Pictures" and...
  3. Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots folder: Screenshots: I hate one drive so I uninstalled it but it appears that's the only place my screenshots were saved to. How can I set up a folder for my screenshots to automatically save to? All the online advice is just worthless. I couldn't find an optional screenshot folder...
  4. Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots folder: Screenshots: I hate one drive so I uninstalled it but it appears that's the only place my screenshots were saved to. How can I set up a folder for my screenshots to automatically save to? All the online advice is just worthless. I couldn't find an optional screenshot folder...
  5. Screenshot folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot folders: Recently the screenshots ive been taking in games started getting put into a single folder while before they were put in folders deppending on the game. Does anyone know how i can ''fix'' this...
  6. Screenshot folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot folders: Recently the screenshots ive been taking in games started getting put into a single folder while before they were put in folders deppending on the game. Does anyone know how i can ''fix'' this...
  7. Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder: I have taken numerous screenshots using the windows key+prnt screen shortcut. The preview box isnt showing up anymore and they shots arent in the screenshot folder BUT if I paste into a Word Doc the last screen shot pastes so clearly they are being taken. My questions are-...
  8. Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder: So every time i take a screenshot Windows Key + Print Scr it never appears in my folder this started happening today and i dont know where my screen shots are can i have some help???...
  9. Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore: I just realized how my screenshots aren't being saved in my screenshot folder anymore when I press Prt Scr. I don't have much more to say besides I just don't see the pictures in my folder anymore after I press that key. Thank you...
  10. screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screenshot folder: The screenshots folder disappeared and, although I manually created a new folder, the screenshots do not appear in it when I press the WIN+PrtScr buttons. It seems the PC IS taking the shots because the screen flashes, but the files are nowhere to be found....