Windows 10: Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings

Discus and support Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I use the HDR HD color settings of windows, it all works fine but when I try to take a screenshot the screen becomes really white, like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings

When I use the HDR HD color settings of windows, it all works fine but when I try to take a screenshot the screen becomes really white, like the contrast is super bad and its super hard to see anything.

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Jan 18, 2020

2. Font color much brighter in Windows 8

The font color in the Windows 8 command prompt is much brighter than in Windows 10. Is there a way to make the font color from Windows 10 like in Windows 8?

Windows 8:

Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings [​IMG]

Windows10:

ricardobohner, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Font color much brighter in Windows 8

I figured it out:

Right click command prompt title bar, Proprieties, Color Tab, select "Text on the screen", select the white color you want to change on the color palete. In "Selected color Values you change it in the following way:

Red = 255
    Green = 255
    Blue = 255

For some reason the default in Windows 10 is:

Red = 242
    Green = 242
    Blue = 242

If you change the font to Lucida Console and increase the size to 18 dots it gets even better.

ricardobohner, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings

Brink, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings

1. Screenshots are brighter than usual when using HD color settings - Similar Threads - Screenshots are brighter

2. Photos Legacy suddenly exporting videos with brighter colors than they originally had?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy suddenly exporting videos with brighter colors than they originally had?: Hello!I recently recorded some footage of a game I was playing, and was trying to use the Photos Legacy app's video editor it's easier for me than Clipchamp is to trim the video into a small clip to show a friend. I'd already done this a few times before, and haven't had any...
  3. Photos Legacy suddenly exporting videos with brighter colors than they originally had?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Legacy suddenly exporting videos with brighter colors than they originally had?: Hello!I recently recorded some footage of a game I was playing, and was trying to use the Photos Legacy app's video editor it's easier for me than Clipchamp is to trim the video into a small clip to show a friend. I'd already done this a few times before, and haven't had any...
  4. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  5. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  6. windows hd color settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hd color settings: I went to the Microsoft store and noticed all the video's where green and purple then i looked on my files and noticed all my pictures and video's where green and purple too also my Netflix my camera and then I went to windows hd color settings and saw everything said no but...
  7. HD color

HD color: I tried the HD color setting and would like to go back to the regular windows 10 display. How do I turn the HD off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd-color/9b32c41f-ffea-410b-bfb4-bc1c61a87250
  8. windows HD color settings

windows HD color settings: I was trying to get my screen to look more vibrant like it used to before I had it taken in to have it have a reset done on it as it was running really slow. I went to the Windows HD Color settings and tried to choose display and it is not letting me chose the the computer...
  9. HD Color Settings - loads then closes

HD Color Settings - loads then closes: My settings app crashes whenever I open this one specific page, and its really annoying. On the Display page, I then go to the Windows HD Color settings page, it opens for a moment and loads, then closes out about 3 seconds later. I'm unable to change any of the settings on...
  10. Screen capture is lighter than screen actually is when using HDR color settings on windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen capture is lighter than screen actually is when using HDR color settings on windows: When I use HDR (Windows HD Color settings) Whenever I screenshot the screen is really bright with bad contrast its like that with default screenshotting (win + shift + s) and also with programs like lightshot or gyazo. submitted by /u/gitrikt [link] [comments]...