Windows 10: Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

Discus and support Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screenshots don't got to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots like they're supposed to. That folder is empty. Instead, they all go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RoadHazard, May 14, 2020.

1. Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

My screenshots don't got to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots like they're supposed to. That folder is empty.

Instead, they all go to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Cloud Backups\OneDrive sync folders\Pictures\Screenshots.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling OneDrive's option to save screenshots. No difference.
    I've tried changing the properties of the default Screenshots folder to move it elsewhere and move it back. No change.
    I've tried hacking the registry to manually change the long pathname to the default one, but it resets itself on reboot.
    I've also noticed that screenshots are never stored locally (that is, C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots) no matter what I do.

Weird. Any hints or suggestions?

Win 10 Home 1909 (Build 18363.836)

:)

RoadHazard, May 14, 2020

2. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, May 14, 2020
  3. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, May 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

1. Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Screenshots are storing

2. Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder: I have taken numerous screenshots using the windows key+prnt screen shortcut. The preview box isnt showing up anymore and they shots arent in the screenshot folder BUT if I paste into a Word Doc the last screen shot pastes so clearly they are being taken. My questions are-...
  3. screenshots stored automatically to a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screenshots stored automatically to a folder: Hi :I would like the screenshots that I take with PrtSc and alt+PrtSc to be stored automatically to a folder. I found that it can be stored to OneDrive "AutoSave Screenshots to OneDrive on Windows 10". Steps:OneDrive, right-click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and select...
  4. screenshots stored automatically to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshots stored automatically to a folder: Hi :I would like the screenshots that I take with PrtSc and alt+PrtSc to be stored automatically to a folder. I found that it can be stored to OneDrive "AutoSave Screenshots to OneDrive on Windows 10". Steps:OneDrive, right-click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and select...
  5. screenshots stored automatically to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Screenshots and screenshot folder

Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  7. screenshots in the onedrive

screenshots in the onedrive: I don't remember how but I set the location of my screenshots PrtSc in the one drive. I really don't want each shot to go to the drive instead I wanna change the location back to the c drive, pictures. when I go to the file's properties, it doesn't show me the option to...
  8. Folders stored in OneDrive

Folders stored in OneDrive: When I open OneDrive settings, there is no tab to choose folders, so I cannot change the folders that OneDrive backs up. What could cause this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-stored-in-onedrive/5b3968fd-c5e4-457f-a5d3-dcb7e4a3390b"
  9. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.: Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else. I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel...
  10. OneDrive and Screenshots

OneDrive and Screenshots: I currently have a computer running windows 10, that was set up with One Drive. However, this morning when I tried to load OneDrive, it gave me a message saying "Sorry, there was a problem displaying this folder" I've tried reloading it, but it won't let me load or access....