Windows 10: Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update

Discus and support Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Previously I could save a screenshot to the screenshots folder by either pressing a combination of power and volume up or down? buttons. I'd press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahOsborne3, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update

Previously I could save a screenshot to the screenshots folder by either pressing a combination of power and volume up or down? buttons. I'd press the buttons, the screen would dim, and voila, the image would be saved in my screenshots folder. sometime not sure when this stopped working. my last saved screenshot is from 10/1/20 so I know it still worked then. I've tried a regedit method I found on a forum, I've tried resetting permissions on the screenshots folder, I've updated, I've run troubleshooters...all to no avail. when I press the combination of buttons, the screen dims, but no image is saved. The same goes for when I press Fn windows space bar...screen dims, no shot is saved. I have uninstalled OneDrive so it can't be saving them there I never even created an account. I'm using a surface pro 7 with the latest just checked for updates today version of windows 10. Please help.

PS please do not suggest I use the copy/paste paint method. not interested in that. TIA!

:)

SarahOsborne3, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update

1. Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update - Similar Threads - Screenshots saving screenshots

2. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  3. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  4. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  5. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  6. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I have deleted the "C:\Users\christoforos\Pictures\Screenshots" folder where images windows+print screen key saved images. Now although i made a new folder named Screenshots in the pictures it is not storing screenshots there I dont know where it is storing them.How can I...
  7. Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder: I have taken numerous screenshots using the windows key+prnt screen shortcut. The preview box isnt showing up anymore and they shots arent in the screenshot folder BUT if I paste into a Word Doc the last screen shot pastes so clearly they are being taken. My questions are-...
  8. Screenshots and screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  9. screenshot not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screenshot not saving: When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that? submitted by /u/raven-perlas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5997u/screenshot_not_saving/
  10. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not saving screenshots: I've already looked through at least a dozen forums on this. They aren't saving to my Onedrive or anywhere else. Also, my Users folder is stuck on Read Only mode, and after changing permissions and inheritance settings, it still won't get out of read only mode. This is weird...